Blog Background

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

glasses, shaving and other firsts



Becca got her new glasses on Saturday! Her right eye sees very well, and her left eye needs a very strong perscription. She'll need to wear a patch over the right eye a few hours a day, but that is a definate "no go" for Becca right now It appears that we have a pirate living in the house anyway. Move over Jack Sparrow - Rhett the dashing, swashbuckler is in the house! (Yummy! I need a poster of this guy!) No- Cecily doesn't need glasses, but Livi tried hers on Cecily. We have a house full of girls who can't see. Go figure!
Garrett shaved last night too. He has a "piddly" mustache, but went for shaving the whole face. This morning he woke up and says "my face hurts". I am proud to say I was there to watch my son's first shave. Pretty cool!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute girls! Glad that you could be there for such an important event in Garretts life. With him being your only son, that probably was a neat experience.

Anonymous said...

Cool glasses girls and .....erm....patch.....Rhett you big Babushka you!!

I don't know if I should offer congratulations or condolences to Garrett. I remember when I first had to shave after my Parents and sister kept mistakenly telling me that I needed to wash my face. Now shaving is the bane of existence. It still hurts sometimes. I wish I had beard baldness instead of the other way around.

Have a good one.

Maude said...

Becca, you look awesome and beautiful and more intelligent than ever in your glasses! - -and they'll help you see that schoolwork better. Yippee!

Garrett is indeed truly a young man now. Shaving is one of those "rites of passage" things for guys, but as Steven says, they can't wait to start, then wonder why they were in such a rush. Congratulations, Garrett.

I'll skip any response to the "yummy" part. :)

Anonymous said...

The glasses look good. It changes her image some, and I hope she'll use the patch. I had to do the same thing when I was little because of an eye injury. The patch really helped. I can agree about the rights of passage with shaving. I waited until age 18. Hair continues to grow on your face forever. I'm the only man in town with a receding hairline on my chest. Move over Jack Sparrow.
Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that chest hair receded. Maybe it's all the swimming Dad.

Ah... the first shave. I remember it well. It felt like I soaked my face for a couple hourse with some OxyPads... and I couldn't smile because it felt completely unnatural.

Becca's glasses look good

Joel said...

I can't believe how well those glasses fit Cecily's head. She must be smart.