Blog Background

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday Potluck

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! YOU'RE SO GORGEOUS!!!!!
Snow today - church cancelled (this is Virginia)

What do you do with your best friend on a winter day when you're bored? Put together the most disgusting kitchen ingredients together for each other and decide which one is worst. Madison gave Mika leftover lentil soup with relish, maple syrup, thousand island dressing, cottage cheese, and carmel sauce. Mika whipped up vinegar, onions, and other stuff. Garrett captured the moment and Mika won for grossest. Madison won for worst after taste. I just go to sleep when I'm bored!




The eldest and the youngest. Cecily is 15 months on the 28th,



To honor my mother on her birthday, I got out the family cookbook and looked for a bread recipe to go with the chili I made. I made "mom's white bread recipe" not realizing that it is
designed to make 8 - 10 loaves and serve a special forces unit. I bravely made the dough, and realized we do not have enough pans to put all the dough in. See the snow in the background? So who wants some bread? Huh? Huh? This is only 1/2 of it!



I am enjoying the cookbook, and have started making some of your recipes. It's fun! You are good cooks. Madison made "Steve's German pancakes" today.



Livi did such a great job of cleaning up the playroom, she became one with the toys. Becca is still sucking those fingers!

Have a good Sunday.




7 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Good tribute to maw with the bread. I used to do the same thing mixing things together but I would try to make something good out of the most random things...it never worked.

Anonymous said...

Did you know that you get have as much bread if you divide all of the ingredients by 2? Just kidding, I've also started recipes without looking at how many servings it makes. I wish I could have seen your face as the dough started rising and you figured out what you were in for. I love the "special forces unit", that cracked me up, but is maybe fitting for your family. Just say you made it for your ward family.

Happy birthday (again) mom, you are quite the cook!

Maude said...

Hey, thanks for the tribute! Love the photos, all of them. Madison, I have to admit my cousing and I did that "gross food" thing once. We felt pretty yucky afterward. Oh well - - with Church cancelled today, you had the entire day to recover. Good move! Love you all. Thanks again, "special forces" leader.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell if that picture of Madison is of her eating the food or regurgitating it. That's pretty gross, and Mika's mix sounds much worse. Madison shouldn't have been no nice on her.

Happy Birthday Mom!

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of all the bread!! I also love the cookbook and love thinking about everyone making those certain dishes. Although I have to say that mom likes to dirty all the dishes in the house when she bakes!! But if I can cook like she does I'll be happy!!
Have a happy snowed in sunday!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Way to go with all the bread, Melecia. You certainly were creative with it. I bet the family loved it.

My kids play "scum" and the loser has to do a yucky dare, which is usually eating some disgusting concoction such as those that Mika and Madison made. Gross!! Sometimes it gets so bad I have to outlaw it!!

I can't believe they cancelled church! Your kids must have been soooo happy! Rhett too, huh?

love ya,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun in the toy box I was just cleanng and then "boom" I had an idea so I told Becca and went in he toy box, she put toys all over me and it was uncomfortable but fuuny so Becca ran to get Mom & Dad and they took a picture of me and that was the most fun time of cleaningthe playroom!
- Olivia