Blog Background

Friday, January 26, 2007

bloggers from Pluto

bloggers from Pluto
I'm kind of solo tonight as Garrett & Rhett are at the Scout Freezerie (sp?) and Madison is at swimming districts, doing the 200 I.M., and the little girls have gone to bed.Rhett was in Floridathis week and got home about 2 a.m. last night. Today he stayed home from work but was really wiped out to go camping tonight! He was released as Young Men's president a few weeks ago, but is still going with Garrett. Garrett finally got his cast off and his wrist is healed, but the doctor gave him a "physical therapy" assignment to do the dishes by hand for three weeks. That is A LOT of dishes, but Garrett's arm was pretty stiff from being positioned at a right angle in his cast. Rhett has had a few phone calls lately which could determine a change of path for our family. The first we haven't mentioned to the kids, and it's that Rhett is on a short list to have a year-long remote assignment to Korea. He would go by himself, and has never been deployed before, so his Colonel boss says there is a good chance he will go. I know of and see lots of women doing this right now while their husbands are serving in Iraq and other more dangerous places, and they are really tough cookies, supporting their spouse very well. I wonder if that will be me and if Rhett will end up going. We also got a call tonight from the Stake executive secretary saying it was very important to be in touch with Rhett, and I gave him Rhett's cell phone #, which he called. Rhett said we have an appointment together with the Stake President this Sunday at 9:30 a.m. I asked him what he thought that meant, and he said "I don't really care honestly, I'm just too tired". Anyway, I'm curious but not too anxious either, we'll just see what happens on Sunday. Our Bishop is serving his 7th year, so maybe the bishopric is changing again. I don't know! I have learned over time though that the Lord is in charge - not predestination - we have our free will, but that he does have a plan for us, and it's important to leave things in his hands. I did count how many days Rhett will be gone this year and it will be at least 60 - just from his job now. I just wonder what the Lord has in mind, and if he can strengthen Rhett and all of us enough to do what he wants us to do! Good night all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Guys that is some huge stuff. You have a great attitude toward it Melecia. I have a hard time when Glen goes out of town for just a couple of days. KOREA??
That must be hard for Rhett to think about. I know that he really enjoys his relationship with his kids and that would probably be more hard on him then anyone.
Oh man about the call from the Stake Presidency. I hate to say it but that is NEVER a good sign. I shouldn't have that attitude huh? You guys need to stop being so PERFECT! Just kidding.
We'll be praying for you guys.
Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this with the family, Melecia. I appreciate so much your willingness to talk openly. You have the right stuff!
I'll call you Sunday. Love, Dad
xoxox

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Melecia:

You are an amazing woman and you have such a wonderful husband and family. The Lord is definitely in charge and will guide and direct you through any and all of the changes ahead. That doesn't make it easy or less "tiring", but it somehow does help to know He is in charge and will be with us and not leave us on our own.

We love you and pray for you daily.

xo
Susan

Anonymous said...

Wow - - two big things - - -which may be in conflict with each other - - in the same week!? "Choices" between two things like this are never easy! I agee with you, though, about our Heavenly Father being in charge - -never shuts one door without opening another! I'm ever in awe of you as a "service wife" - - how well you handle anything - -especially the moves and the times without Rhett around - - and everything which comes your way. You'll handle this one, too! Meanwhile, we'll be praying for you, and hope you'll let us know how it all works out.

Melecia said...

Thanks so much everyone! I've checked this blog a few times today and it is so great to have the love and support of our AWESOME family! I'm definately NOT perfect, and nothing here to be in awe about, and yes the Stake calling usually means a calling, so we'll see tomorrow. Maybe they want to call us on a mission as ward family history workers!

Anonymous said...

Crazy guys- I am worried about what Joni and I will do when I have my three month internship next year, I can't even imagine a year in a different country apart. Maybe you should get a dog to keep you company. Best of luck with the interview
Paul

Anonymous said...

Dear Melecia-
You are one tough chick with a great attitude...I want to be you when I grow up!!!
My dad faced the exact same thing and ended up resigning his commision. I know Rhett won't do that but it's a tough choice.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.