
In keeping with the trampoline tradition. here is the first snow of the year on our trampoline.
The first snow is a big favorite, and was only topped by the new Masterpiece Theatre release
of "Jane Eyre" last night. It's awesome, and on for three more Sunday nights!

Today was the first snow of the year. "Yawn" for all your westerners, but for us, it was a HUGE deal! Of course school was cancelled, and a group of youth from our ward played out in the snow and then hung out in the basement. This storm was icy, and the group threw ice at each other, which resulted in a cut on Kasey's forhead, and Madison got a fat lip. Besides Madison and Kasey, it was a bunch of guys! This group is really close, and we feel so lucky our kids have good friends! Now everyone is going home and studying for exams, which begin tomorrow.
8 comments:
Our trampolines look very similiar with all that snow. The only difference is our snow has been on there for about 2 weeks now.
It looks like you had a fun afternoon at your house. Your a good fun mom.
What the beans? Have you people gone soft? They closed school for a skiff? I remember trudging through drifts that would swallow a child whole, stuff that you needed S.C.U.B.A. gear to make it out alive, uphill both directions, with no shoes, and, and and......PFFF!!!
Looks like fun! With cute girls like that, I'm not surprised the rest were guys!!
However, I have to agree with Steve about being pansies for cancelling school for THAT much snow - - -although I think he is sounding a bit "pioneerish" about his description - - -You know, the old, "...walked 5 miles uphill to school in a blizzard and 10 miles home, etc.: Sheesh! When he was in snow as HE described, he was having a blast!
Hope you're all okay, and not without power, etc. Love ya'!
- yes Virginia ranks right up there with Texas in its whimpiness about snow - we even had a 2 hour school delay today! I guess the problem was ice.
I heard today that Arizona got three inches of snow--in the Tucson and Phoenix areas!! The weather patterns are certainly mixed up this year! Todd says it's warm in Bulgaria where it's supposed to be freezing!!!
We still have a couple of feet of snow on our tramp! I hope it recovers. It is really sunken in and has icicles hanging from underneath.
It looks like the kids had fun. Everytime it snows, Eric and Hannah start praying for a snow day!! We've had a couple so far and they have been thrilled.
That ice can be nasty! Be careful!!!
xo,
Susan
Hi Melecia,
I hope you don't mind me adding a comment. It looks like mainly family comments but I guess I am family by marriage and friends of yours. Missouri is like Virginia when it comes to snow and we react the same way. It's not the snow, it's the ice. If there is a rumor it might snow the kids stay home and have to make it up later but we don't worry about that anymore since we are in California for the time being. Love your blog.
Kathy Nannie
Kathie-
Great to hear from you guys! Keep up the comments! Do you have a blog? How are things in MO?
Things are going pretty good. Just click on the ca/mo nannies underlined in blue and it will take you to our blog. We are in California for awhile but we went back to MO for Christmas and had a great time.
Kathy
Post a Comment