Spring is making some teasing appearances here. I walked outside and heard a female "vibrado" voice in the flower garden. I snuck up and found Becca laying in the garden on her back - she was making up the words to her song, and had her arms spread open. I said "That sounds pretty Becca , what are you singing?". She said "I'm singing to my plants so they will come up. I'm in my garden" I went upstairs and heard more singing. Rhett has a falsetto voice he sings in too. He was putting on his tie in the mirror on his way to Bishop duties, and was singing the words to "People" (please feel free to sing along) It went like this: "People, people who need people... are the neediest people in the Ward. I just tell them.....pray and read your scriptures, and don't let in that grown up pride, hide what you feel inside... Just be people, needy needy people. " I'm sure he would be so thrilled that I blogged this - sorry honey! I've noticed lately that Rhett stares off into space alot more with a pensive look. Last night I him a kiss - the lips were there, and the brain was busy working out a problem. I realize this is part of the new burdens he is carrying, so I try and laugh about the "fish lips" part. He went grocery shopping for me this week - the first time in years. I tell you... greater love hath no man than to go grocery shopping for his wife. I was truly grateful.
Tomorrow is "festival day". I get tired out thinking of it. Livi has a piano Sonatina festival, and a Chorus Festival. Garrett & Madison have a band festival. Becca has swimming lessons and a birthday party. Madison has a volleyball tourney for the church, and, have I missed anything? Oh yes, a field hockey mom called and asked me to work concessions & bring pasta salad. I said "no" to that one. Whose idea was it to have all these children? It brings music into our lives, though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
WOW!!!! Busy as ever. Poor Rhett, I am sure his mind is everywhere trying to solve the wards problems. Good song and oh so true, I am sure any bishop could relate! He's a good guy.
Nice job and grocery shopping. Did you write him a list and did he get everything on it?
I sent Glen a couple of nights ago and asked him to get milk, T.P., and anything else he could think of that we would need for the next day, which was Sunday. He came home with t.p. and milk only. No need for him to spend any extra time in the store then what is needed. I think he hates it worse then me!
Can you teach me how to say NO? As I am regretting in hosting a "focus group" luncheon at my house this Thurs. with who knows how many women, young and old at my house! I think I really need to start saying NO instead of dreading things. I really don't understand these "focus" groups that R.S. is having? I thought that they cut back to only Family home enrichment 4 times a year because women are so busy but now they are having all these different focus groups for a couple times throughout the week?
Your kids are very lovely and I am sure they bring lots of beautiful music to your ears!
Sorry about writing a book!
Jenny prefers to so grocery shopping without me these days. She sites an "incident" as her reasoning, but I think it's a bunch of malarky. :)
what happened?
-Melecia
you have the funniest creative little kids, where would Becca think of that? I thought that would only be something you would think of. I think Rhett's pizza quote should be framed and put where everyone can see it
Awesome blog, Melecia - - -and you'll get many "points" for seeing the humor in things as you do, and in keeping the schedule you keep to support Rhett and the children. It's wonderful, and I admire you much!
I have to admit - - -when I saw your blog title, my mind immediately went back to the boys' rendition of "The hills are alive - - - with the sound of Melecia." :) Sounds like Becca may be a chip off the ol' block! What a delightful story!
Kendi, I'm not the best at saying "no" either - - -hence, I found myself being an airport limo service this morning at 5 a.m. But I enjoyed the best conversations on the way, and the "front lines" stuff is what I love most about Visiting Teaching - - -my second favorite Church calling! It always turns into more than a monthly visit for me, and I like that "direct" stuff - - -a lot like teaching, I guess.
Jim and I grocery shop together; of course, we have no children at home, so it turns out to be pretty fun.
I'm long-winded, too. Sorry. Love you!
Isn't it wonderful how music expression brings joy to the home?! Your picture of Becca is priceless. Piano, guitar, bass, flute, saxaphone, singing, are almost constant in our home. (This week Hannah was made first chair in the flute section of the school band).It brings a sound that builds us all, EXCEPT I'm getting tired of the Pirate's song and the Mario song played on the piano 100 times per day for the past year or two. Melecia. I think you as a busy mom have developed a good sense of balance. You are blessed with management capability. Glad to hear you can say "no" sometimes.
Yesterday I had lunch with our new Relief Society President. She has the needs of the ward sisters on her mind constantly. I'm glad she talks to me about it. It's a marvel to witness the drive and inspiration in her life. Being a supportive husband has a new emphasis at present. Much love to you. Dad
dad having an affair with the relief society president?
When we were all together at Christmas, I realized how funny Becca is. She doesn't even have to try - she just has a funny personality that comes naturally. Carter followed her around everywhere.
Poor Rhett. I have some of my own insecurities I'd like to talk to him about. Got a few hours? :) That's why I decided to get another major in college other than psychology. I realized that I don't have the patience to listen to people's problems over and over when they can't or don't want to do something about it.
I loved your blog Melecia! I can just see Rhett singing that song. It's wierd to think how many needy people there are out there when most of us like our independence!!
Kendi I have to say that I agree with you and the RS groups lately. The Enrichment counselor in our ward is my good friend and she is having fits with the president about doing some big thing every month. I agree withy you...I thoght the program changed so people would spend more time at home and doing those meaningful service things that are always needing to be filled! Sorry for the soap box but I agree...too many activities!
As for Steve and grocery shopping I'm not sure exactly what incident he was refereing to but when we were newly weds he would always put interesting things in our basket that I wouldn't find until we went to check out or there was the time he flung his flip flop through the sign that tells what's on each isle! I either do the shopping by myself or with Lyssa...she loves to be out and about!!!
Melecia...you have a great family and great creative kids!!!
Post a Comment