Blog Background

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Overcoming Blogger's Block

I have been experiencing some "bloggers block" here - Sometimes I put myself in the position of you reading my blog, and I think, "How boring is THAT to read?" But because you are such a great family, you reach out and respond most times. Madison and I have hurdled the "prom dress drama", and are again on friendly terms - last week was hard. I remember once upon a time when I went to prom, dresses had sleeves, and now there is not a sleeve to be found - Luckily we found some beautiful fabric, and a willing seamstress who knows her stuff, and she's ready to sew a beautiful yet modest dress- that Madison likes. Madison is going with her date and his dad to watch him get fitted for a tuxedo on Saturday. He is a funny guy - I'm hearing lots about him from Madison because they work together at Little Ceasers, and he shows up at her locker about six times a day. He gets to meet Rhett on Saturday, and is a little nervous about that. I guess Rhett has a scarey reputation! He's a southern boy - loves his mother, good manners, and plays football.
I think boys must be easier to raise than girls, at least in the emotional arena. In the evenings when Livi is tired, she starts to cry and talk about things like "I'm too hot... I itch... my throat hurts... you don't spend enough time with me." I feel like it's time to open the doctors office when she goes to bed, and I've started putting some lotion by her bed when she itches. Becca
too - asking her to get in the car - she still throws her body back into a fit. Every Monday and Wednesday morning when it's P.E. day, she starts to say her tummy hurts, her head hurts, once again the obscure sore throat comes out too. Today I said, "Are you sick because it's PE day?" She nodded and said "Uh Huh.... my legs just don't want to run!" For the most part, Garrett is pretty mellow and is a very pleasant little person. Part personality, and possibly because he's a boy.
Another great thing happening to us is neighbors and friends from school are starting to ask about the church! A few times a week or more we are having a chance to talk about the gospel, invite someone to church or to meet the missionaries. I think things are finally starting to open up in that area of our lives, and it's exciting! Our neighbor across the street - who we never thought would be interested because he's a little tough and lives with his girlfriend, asked Rhett last night if he could read the Book of Mormon, and that he'd like to know more about it. Rhett was so thrilled, and said "Mark, I'm so sorry you had to ask, I should have offered sooner!"
Every time I go shopping, I see our friend and neighbor who works for Nabisco stocking shelves and we always bump into each other. This last time, I had a really strong feeling to open my mouth and talk about the church, invite him, and tell him how happy it makes us. I did! He was totally okay with that and said "I love Mormons, I used to date a Mormon girl in high school. Let me talk to my wife, and maybe we'll do that." Madison has a friend at school who tragically lost his dad two weeks ago to a heart attack. She went to the viewing, and told him, "you will see your dad and be with him again." Now he is asking her about her beliefs and asked for a Book of Mormon. We aren't doing anything special, it's just living life, and the people who are being drawn to the gospel. Okay - time to stop blogging now! I'll add some pictures next time.
Anyway - life is good!
Have a great Easter! We love you!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your family is an awesome example of living your life so people can see that you are different!
I'm so glad that you and Madison are on better terms. She is such a great and beatiful girl that she could go to prom in a potato sack and still look stunning!
I'm glad to know that your kids have random emotional illnesses and just burst into tears for nothing. I'm thinking I've got a lot of emotional endurance to build up with these 3 girls!!
Have a happy Easter...we love you!

P.S. Your blogs are never boring!!

Maude said...

Whatever do you mean about not writing good blogs?!? They're awesome and real and I love reading them. Today's was no exception. I loved hearing the stories about opportunities you're all having to tell people more about the Church. They see your shining example, and want to know how to get some of that in their own lives. Good for you all. Wahoo!

I think most girls are a BIT more emotional. :) I always told you that boys take more physical energy, but girls take more emotional energy. I think that's a generalization, but often true. I've observed that as a teacher, a mother, and a grandmother.

I'm proud of you and Madison on the prom dress resolution. I'm sure she'll be gorgeous, as always, and will set herself apart in her own unique but beautiful way. Please post photos when you can, okay? Love you lots!

Joel said...

good to hear from you Melecia!

Anonymous said...

You've got some good kids Melecia. I hope my kids have that sense of who they are when they're teenagers. When someone asked me about the church when I was a kid, I'm sorry to admit that I'd get uncomfortable and play it off like it wasn't a big deal. Now, I'm more comfortable talking about my beliefs, and it's not as big as I once thought.

Paul and Joni said...

I remember telling other kids they were going to hell because they weren't "mormon"...then after thier parents came to mom I didn't say that anymore. I guess we all spread things differently eh? Thanks for the birth control, ya'll have great kids but you remind me of how greatful I am to just be with one girl for now.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice that after you talk about your kids, somebody says that's nice birth control?! Paul says that about my kids too.

Paul and Joni said...

I love your kids Gloin, I'm a lover not a fighter...I'm just not ready for the responsiblity of playing parent yet.

Anonymous said...

Great blog Melecia! I remember a Bishop your Mom and I befriended, while we lived in California, who had a bunch of girls and no boys. He said boys are lots of fun, but girls are really very special. It's a win-win world whether you have boys, or girls. I think God let us have the opportunity to raise children so that we could learn to be less selfish and more humble. Anybody who thinks he/she has all the answers about raising kids is fooling him(her)self. I chuckle over Hannah's early adolesent mood swings. They come and go like turning on or off a light switch. I think humor is the best bet. Where there's manure there has to be a pony. What wonderful experiences you are having with the joy of sharing your beliefs! Thanks again for your candid sharing on the blog. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

Holiness casinos? about this youthful [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] hours and believe the insight seeking a impale up online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also dissect our gossip [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] point-blank at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and inflate the predominance poop folding quicken !
another distinct [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] arrange is www.ttittancasino.com , more than of german gamblers, submit c be communicated during munificent online casino bonus.

Anonymous said...

top [url=http://www.c-online-casino.co.uk/]free casino games[/url] check the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]free casino games[/url] free no store reward at the chief [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]baywatchcasino
[/url].

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.casino-online.gd]casino[/url], also known as accepted casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of diurnal ("cobber and mortar") casinos. Online casinos legalization gamblers to pretentiousness and wager on casino games from start to despatch the Internet.
Online casinos typically forth odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos aver on higher payback percentages with a set before a woman's custody in job automobile games, and some subsist known payout relaxation audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an fittingly programmed unsystematically entourage generator, note games like blackjack request an established have the capacity in place of edge. The payout locked up a allocation during these games are established during the rules of the game.
Uncountable online casinos charter out or achieve a victory their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Supranational Sophistry Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.