Blog Background

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring Break

We took a bike ride on Monday nght. Cecily was much happier after the bike got started.
Rhett got to pull the Burley behind his bike. We were a sight biking around together in our
vintage helmets! It was awesome.

The girls donated over 15 inches of hair to locks of love. They feel lighter without all that hair.




Spring break has been low key and relaxed. Since many of our friends are away, we are watching a friend's yellow lab (at their home) and gathering some mail/papers for neighbors.


I am officially a "fish killer" now. The beta fish tank was dirty, and I was out of rocks, so I soaked the rocks and the fish "rock" in a little bleach & water. I rinsed it out several times, and then put the Beta back in. The nest morning, poor Aleena was belly-up. I felt really guilty, so after a small toilet funeral service, I took Becca to pick out a blue Beta, and we took home a bag filled with really dirty water and the fish. Thinking I'd be smart and let out a little of the dirty water, I cut a small hole in one corner of the bag and let the water drain out. Amazingly enough, the fish quickly squeezed through the hole and into the disposal. I dove after it with my hand, and searched for several seconds, finally putting the fish in the tank. Becca said she wasn't even going to name it because It was not going to last. Sure enough, my good intentions died with the second fish. I'm not going to get another fish for while! The kids are having a great time. Garrett is at his friend's home trying out the new Nintendo Wii, Madison is at King's Dominion amusement park with Patrick, and the little girls are at a friend's home. I am a little under the weather - chills & fever, so I'm resting with Cecily.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost reported you to the National Fish Care Association to have you disciplined, but withheld my impulse because you'r sick. Hope you can get through spring break and still maintain your sanity. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your bum luck with fish. We all know that in your heart you're not a fish killer!!!
I'm impressed that the girls donated thier hair to locks of love. Emmy was thinking of doing that. I think it's a great donation. Way to go girls!
Get well soon!

Maude said...

What a great thing to do on Spring
Break, girls. Donating your hair is a very loving thing to do, especially when you have the beautiful locks you both have! I'm proud of you, for sure!

Poor Beta. Lesson learned: Two B's, namely bleach and Beta, don't mix. You've created a little cynic in Becca now, I guess. You'll have to prove your love of fish all over again. :)

Have a great Spring Break. Onward and upward. Take care of yourself, too! - -cause we love you!

Moore Family said...

Poor Becca. That's funny she doesn't want to name the fish because she thinks it's just going to die. I've heard beta fish are tough. I guess not tough enough for the fish killer! :) We haven't had good luck with fish either - but gold fish don't live that long anyway.

Glen

Anonymous said...

Cecily looks terrified...glad she got use to it.
I hate cleaning out those stinky fish tanks, it's worth not having the fish. Don't you think a dog or cat would be easier?
I am excited to see pictures from Madisons prom. I bet she looked beautiful. And I didn't know she started working at Dominos?

Paul and Joni said...

Funny fish tales, wish I could have been there to see all that.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling sick!! Take care of yourself. Sounds like it was an interesting Spring Break. Which pets do you prefer best, fish or hamsters??? Remember the days when the hamsters were multiplying faster than you could keep up? That was pretty funny.

That is cool that your girls donated their hair. Can't wait to see the prom pictures!! Was that this weekend??

Susan

Anonymous said...

I miss my hair but know I'm happy that I gave it to Lock's of Love. But the worst part is that I can't do it in braids or long ponytails or pigtails. I mostly like ding short pigtails or in a headband. Everybody in my class was like oh wow we have a new student or Olivia has a haircut! Now.... I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Livi