Blog Background

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Rhett's Home!

Rhett was a stranded traveller Friday in College Station, Texas. He said that a "Texas" sized storm with hail the size of baseballs, tornadoes, and rolling sagebrush, kept all the planes grounded. Did Paul and Joni experience this, I wonder? All the hotels were booked because it was parent's weekend at Texas A & M, and so Rhett called a friend and asked to stay the night. His friend was very gracious, and moved a giggling teenage slumber party upstairs so Rhett could sleep downstairs. Rhett said we could move to Texas and buy a palace for the price we have paid for our Virginia home! I don't want a palace, but it's nice to know there is a place in the U.S. where we could afford to live. Mom said Paul and Joni went to NASCAR this weekend. I really want to see pictures of this. Y'all are getting a little rednecky, i'd say!
Spring Break is officially over - The most fun we had was going to take care of a friend's dog, and playing in their backyard - a children's paradise with a big treehouse and swing. Livi decided to write about her spring break, and brought me the list, which I thought was too good not to post:

HAPPY things that happened on SPRING BREAK
Oh, only 6 things that are good that happened on Spring Break THAT'S NOT A LOT

1. Played with Wendy and Alex and Quewn, and Becca and Kelsey
2. Caught tadpoles and minoes (but hardly anybody cares)
3. Made pots and painted them at the park
4. Oh, no MORE, wait going to just a party but just the party, not the sleepover because I can't
sleepover.
5. We went shopping for JUST shoes.
6. Played kickball with older kids
(turn over)

HORRIBLE things that happened on SPRING BREAK
huh, huh 10 bad things that happened - that's A LOT
1. Had to drive in the car for 2 hours and wait
2. Proboly won't go to Kings Dominion
3. Dad is going and Mom is SICK
4. Can't sleep over when it is a SLEEPOVER
5. Dredful weather on a BREAK
6. Can't play with much friends because they are SICK
7. Can't make cookies
8. Madison grabbed me by the collar when I didn't calm down and was talking to me in a rude
voice.
9. Garrett and Madison got all the fun
10. I'm trying to explain something to someone, and they don't even care!!!

Livi is laughing and playing now, and it was good she could write about her troubles. I am thinking of you Kendi, and your struggles with Bess, because Cecily is not sitting through any Sunday meetings right now without screaming! Any ideas? Love you all! Happy Sunday. Oh yes, saw the new James Bond movie over the weekend. He's my favorite Bond by far. Loved the movie! What did y'all think about it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about Joni and Paul gettin a little redneck on us. I hope Paul doesn't come back with a few less teeth and Joni with a few long dark hairs growing from her chin!!!
I love Olivia's list. That is hilarious. I am glad to see that we won't be the only MEAN parents in the world not allowing sleepovers and what is up with Madison grabbing her by the collar and talking to her in a mean voice? That doesn't sound like what a normal teenage sister would do! Tell Olivia that we would love to have her come here for her next spring break, we can show her what a good time is all about!
Please come with some advice on the church thing, this is your 5th child and you must be much wiser then the rest of us!

Maude said...

Funny, funny! Good job, Melecia and Livi! My gosh, Livi - -you sound totally deprived and neglected. We'll have to do something about that, for sure! But wait - - - wasn't Livi involved in a trip to Florida, and a trip to Idaho, and . . ?????? Hmmm, maybe she's not TOO deprived, after all! :)

Sorry the weather has been so awful in the East. I looked today, and your temperature was 20 degrees colder than here in Ashton. That's crazy! I hope all is well with you, and that you have a better week.

I, too, can't wait to read about the NASCAR day. Hey, a little innocent rednecking, if that means tasting the culture of your location, can't be all bad - -especially if the tickets are free! Good news about living expenses for the couple headed for College Station, right?

Anonymous said...

Livi - Sometimes it's tough being the middle child. I can relate. I enjoy reading your contributions to the blog. You should do it more often... it's entertaining. You tell that Madison to lay off or Uncle Glen is going to sit on her the next time he sees her! Let's see how she likes a 200 pound sandwich!

Anonymous said...

I like the new Bond. He reminds me of a cross between Steve McQueen and Paul Newman, two of my favorite actors. I felt sorry for POOR little Olivia! I'm glad that your family is willing to protect you from that BIG MEAN sister. How did prom go? How about a picture of Madison and her beau? If you want you can send Levi to Longmont to help Hannah and I put in raised garden boxes and other WORK. Hope everybody's feeling better and the weather gets warm. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

At least we're all not alone in knowing that our children feel deprived and dejected when there is not fun being had at every second of every day! I guess it just goes back to the magical world where everything just appears on the pantry shelf and clothes just wash and iron and fold themselves! If only that world really existed!
I'm glad Rhett is home...that's not fun to have him gone! You're a great mom Melecia. If Olivia thinks she's got it rough tell her she could commiserate with Emmy...I'm sure Emmy could weave a tale of how "so not fun" her life is sometimes!!!!

Joel said...

I have been listening to the news from Va. Tech. Horible. I hope you guys are feeling OK.

Anonymous said...

It is horrible! We know two engineering students who were not in the building at the time, and Rhett's office funds a program & group of professors in that building. It is so sad. We finally turned off the news for the kids' sake. Love you Joel!
-Melecia

Anonymous said...

Well I had a little bit of fun but I still think I ddn't have a fun spring break and expecially beacuse alot of people are sick, bad weather, and NOT GOING TO KING'S DOMINION!
-Livi

Paul and Joni said...

Man, I don't check your blog for a while and everyone has turned on us. We got hit with that same weather, the tornados touched down about 20 miles west of here, but the alarms were screaming for a while and it was a bit scary. Joni went to a friends house because I was at work, some of the thickest rain I have ever seen come down at one time. But it was pretty fun, I guess I'll have to post soon when I get some time. We got some cool videos of the race if I can figure out how to do it. We were thinking about you guys yesterday, what a horrible thing. It made me sick to my stomach.