I'm proud to be a Virginian! Friday was "Hokie Hope" day, and I've never seen so much support in the way of dress, flags flying, ribbons worn, and general good will from person to person.
Funny story of the week. Livi and Becca were dying to set up a lemonade stand yesterday, and we had 3 fresh lemons, so we made lemonade from scratch. I also had a homemade cake, so we cut it into slices and sold each slice. I went inside & let the girls do their thing. They came running in after each sale, and were so excited holding their big poster. My friend and neighbor Michelle stopped with her kids and bought some, and then told me the story that she pulled up right behind a huge biker on his Harley. He was wearing a shirt with huge letters that read,
"I suck, bang, and blow". I guess he bought three cups, and declared that it was the best lemonade he ever had, and he bought some cake too. Michelle said it was the funniest thing to see this big biker next to the two little girls just thrilled to be making a sale. I decided after this to be a little closer to the selling action. A guy in a red convertible pulled up and gave them a five for 3 cups, and they sold all the cake. They were talking about doing this on a regular basis. I think they liked pulling in twelve dollars in an hour.
Rhett is in the Ukraine this week, and has the camera, so I didn't get a picture of the girls selling. His group is going to tour the Chernobyl nuclear sight, which I hope is safe now. I imagine Kiev is a really beautiful place - I'm glad he gets to see so many new things. It's a gorgeous day today- I love Sundays! Have a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's a very funny story. Hannah was with me when I read your blog. She reminded me of the time she was selling lemonade on our street and a man in his big garbage truck stopped and bought a cup. About 30 minutes later three other big trucks with paying customers came by. Kids can be enterprising. Good idea to keep an eye on their customers. YES! Love, Dad
Sometimes big tough biker guys can be the most nicest and interesting people of all. Thats cool Rhett gets to travel so much, but its probably not as fun by himself.
I love children's lemonade stands, and Paul's right - -sometimes the least likely customers are the most generous. Good for them, and good wages, too. Good work, Livi and Becca.
Jim is very jealous, he says, that Rhett gets to tour Chernobyl. Jim traveled many places with his work with nuclear power and always wanted to include Chernobyl, but never quite made it. Hopefully, Rhett will give him a full report when he returns.
Love you all lots.
That is a super cute story. Definitely something you will have to write down so they can remember it.
That is some serious money. What kind of cake was it? I may need the recipe and might have to send Carter out on the corner to sell it. I am sure it the people that passsed by couldn't help but stop and buy something from such cute little girls.
Good luck while Rhett is gone, you've gotta be a pro at being home alone with the kids by now.
Love ya!
Post a Comment