Blog Background

Friday, March 02, 2007

Becca's World




Becca turned six yesterday, and it was a family party at home. Those are my personal favorites, because the work load is so much less, and she still looks happy. She has wanted this book "Piratology" since she saw it a month ago. It's really cool, and has treasure maps, drawings of real pirates, ships, gold, etc. In Becca's world, it's time to search for buried treasure, and sees this book as a "how to manual". I told her she would have to learn how to dive, get on a big boat, and dive down to find most of the pirate treasure. She pointed to a map of an island in the book, and said, " No - Here' s the REAL map, and it's on an island, it's on LAND, so this is where I want to go." I hope that she gets to go there with all my heart! She also got some play money and a cash register. It's what she really wanted, I
wouldn't have chosen that. She also wanted this popcorn
cake in the kids cookbook, which was easy to make, but it
was so sweet - nobody wanted to eat it. I decided to throw it away this morning, but it won't come off the plate - it had

marshmallow cream and corn syrup in it. Pretty gross, actually~ Happy Birthday Cutie Pie!

















7 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Happy birthday, what a unique little girl. That book does seem pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

I want to be a pirate too. Sign me up to swaab the deck on ye ole' Beccas's crew.

Buried Treasure ........Ahoy!!

Happy Birthday matey!

Arrrrrrrrrrr!!

Jenny Moore said...

Happy Happy Birthday Becca Dear...
Happy Days will come to you all year!!
If I had a one wish then it would be a happy happy birthday to you from me!
Love your cousins!!

Maude said...

What a cutie! She looks happy as can be, and I can hardly wait to have her share that neat book with me. She has an awesome imagination, so I'm sure she'll go on several wonderful vicarious pirate adventures with that book on her lap. You know how you like some books better than the movie because you imagine how things look, etc.? Well, maybe she'll have experience with the book that are every bit as good as the "real thing." I want to sing and do a pirate dance!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Yo ho Yo ho a pirate's life for me! I'm glad that Becca loves pirates. We are all huge Jack Sparrow fans around here--at least me and Hannah!!

Glad her birthday was so happy for her.
Susan

Anonymous said...

That looks like a way cool book Becca. I hope you got our birthday message. We wish we could have talked to you but I am sure you were busy enjoying your special day.
We love you and Happy Birthday!
Kendi, Glen, Carter, and Bess

Joel said...

Happy belated b-day becca.