Blog Background

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Our Vacation (from Livi's point of view) The final entry



Can't forget Livi's 11th birthday! Dad came home one day before. It was a great present!



Livi hasn't had a bike of her own for four years, and was very happy to ride this baby around!




Madison visiting Virginia Tech. It is a beautiful campus!




We felt our hearts grow heavy but also felt the resilience of hope and Hokie pride at this memorial of the 32 students who were killed in last year's shooting.


I am so happy to be "40 and Sporty". Oops! One of the party guests took off her diapers!

Livi's journal:
On Saturday we drove all the way to Blacksburg. We stayed at a hotel and ate at Backstreet’s Pizza & Restaurant at the Virginia Tech Campus. On Sunday we took a long walk at Virginia Tech and then went to Church. We drove the rest of the way home and that was my vacation on 7-12-08 through 7-20-08. The end!

5 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Nice job, Livi! I like the way you organized your journal, and the pictures are terrific! That looked like a yummy cake. Happy
11th birthday!

Love, Papa

Garity said...

Ok Livi, GREAT JOB! I loved all the pictures, everyone looks great and I know where we are going for a family vacation someday! (minus getting sick too though I hope!)

Anonymous said...

That was so fun to read Livi. I felt like I was there!
I love all the pictures. Cecily's bum picture is a classic. Something you'll have to show at her wedding one day.
Also I can't believe how handsome Garrett is getting! Wowza Rhett better get back soon, girls are very forward and you're going to need help Melecia keeping them off your doorstep.

We are so glad that you had a good time and that Rhett can be home for awhile. I hope you're ALL feeling better.

Thanks again Livi! I'll email you back soon.

Paul and Joni said...

Suddenly I feel so close to Cecily...I think cake takes priority over pants any day. Good to know she ahs her priorities straight. Happy Birthday to both Livi and Melecia!

Maude said...

Thanks for ALL the delightful pictures. It was lots of fun to see them. I keep going through them over and over and catch something new each time I do. I really love the ones of the girls in their cowboy hats. They're so cute and look like they're full of fun.

I'm glad you had a happy 40th, Melecia. So nice that Rhett could be there, which is, I'm sure, the best present of all for everyone in the family.

Thanks, Livi, for the update. You're a great writer. Maybe you'll be a journalist someday, you think?

Love you,

Gram