We each dug our own pail of dirt the owners brought in from a creek bed nearby. The Rose Creek campground and mine are family owned and operated.
Becca was the first to find a large gem, and then became the "expert", offering her assistance to whomever needed help and assistance.
We all found gems = moonstones, topaz, garnets, sapphires, rubies, amethysts and lots and lots of rocks!
Cecily played on the swingset nearby
Cecily finds cuddling with Garrett is just what she needs before her nap. Back to you Livi......
On Thursday Garrett and I were still feeling a little sick so we stayed stayed home and watched movies while everybody else went to a gem museum and did a tiny bit of mining. When they came home I got 3 gems and a rock turtle necklace from Madison for my birthday. I named him Squirt and he is so cute. I went to bed feeling better but was a little dehydrated. On Friday I was ready! We went Gem Mining and I found a Ruby and Sapphire.
On Thursday Garrett and I were still feeling a little sick so we stayed stayed home and watched movies while everybody else went to a gem museum and did a tiny bit of mining. When they came home I got 3 gems and a rock turtle necklace from Madison for my birthday. I named him Squirt and he is so cute. I went to bed feeling better but was a little dehydrated. On Friday I was ready! We went Gem Mining and I found a Ruby and Sapphire.
1 comment:
It looks like gem mining was a highlight of the trip. Are you ready to go into the business of cutting and polishing jewelry?
Love, Papa
Post a Comment