This has been a wierd week - I've been having trouble sleeping and have felt more burdened than usual, like time is going very slow. I decided to get out of the house & exercized & went to an enrichment class taught by a massage therapist, and the day went better. It was really great - We learned how to do head, neck, shoulder, & arm massages and the muscle groups. I think I want to be a massage therapist! She's teaching another class where we can bring our husbands next week, and I am definately taking Rhett. This is the kind of church class that keeps on giving! I gave Cecily a massage too, and she's been more affectionate afterward - pretty cool!
I've heard from Rhett and Madison a few times. Rhett has been concentrating on the conference, but has time to spend with Madison in the evenings. Madison has expanded her world view and is taking in the culture like a sponge. She goes out with a "posse" of older ladies & military wives every day - there are about nine ladies, and they have been museum hopping & a little shopping. Madison says the hot item for tourists is the sculpture of David's anatomy captured on boxer shorts or aprons to take home. Interesting! She took pictures of Italian boys for her friends, and she said they are forward, one named "Claudio" bought her ice cream and then tried to kiss her, but I think she and the "posse" fended him off. Thanks posse! I can just picture them walking through the streets of Florence like the gangs from "West Side Story".
She and Rhett toured Rome & enjoyed it. She misses Patrick, and Patrick has called or stopped by every day just to visit with the family, drop off a paycheck, or tell us that he is missing Madison, or that he hopes she's okay as a U.S. tourist on foreign soil. He is planning on enlisting
in the Marine Corps next year. How quickly they take those high school kids and drop them right into the war zone!
went to see Garrett throw the discus & shotput yesterday. He did great, and placed third! The orthodontist put bands on his braces and he is very sore. He said he wished we would have just left his teeth alone - maybe we should have. Becca went to the strawberry patch this week, and Livi is getting ready for "colonial days".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Nice to hear about your active family. I have been giving massages to Susan and Hannah for some time. It is so addicting they want them at times when I'm tired (9:00 PM) and I can hardly hold up. Feet and shoulders are the best. Since you want to be a massage therapist (I don't) will you do me when we see you later this year?
Madison's protective group sounds great! She's having a wonderful experience that will be broadening to her. I remember how strongly you were affected when you returned from your working in an orphanage in Israel. I wish every girl could have such experiences.
I sympathize with Garrett's having to wear bracebands. Hannah and Eric are going through the same thing. I remember wearing braces having to wear head bands at night to correct the receded jaw. Yuck!
I love your blogs, and I love you. Dad
Those West Side Story gangs were pretty tough. I know if I saw a bunch of guys in tights walking down the street and snapping their fingers, I'd turn and run. Safety in numbers.
I just saw the blog about Madison in the musical. That's really cool. Did she have a main role? By the pictures it looks that way.
I can stand and sing in one place, but have no ability to dance and act at the same time. In college, I was part of a sing and dance group called Sunburst Singers... for about 2 weeks. I quit because I felt completely uncomfortable dressing up in tight "outfits" and dancing on the stage. It was not my cup of tea. I do appreciate the theatre and admire people who are good at it.
It was good chatting with you today. Glad to hear that Madison and Rhett will be home soon.
Their trip sounds like lots of fun and I am glad that she had those ladies to travel around with. Did she say the boy that asked her to ice cream was cute???
One day Garrett will thank you for the braces. There is nothing like a man with straight teeth and dark hair. He'll be dream boat to many girls. Just what you need huh?
What a wonderful trip for Madison. Sounds like she's being well attended and enjoying her experience.
I also hope you're feeling better. You have a lot on your plate, daughter dear. Take good care of yourself, please.
Sorry about Garrett's pain. Braces are the worst, from what I've heard, but Kendi has a good point - - - good looks come at a price, I guess. Love ya!
Post a Comment