Blog Background

Friday, May 11, 2007

Our Boys








Time was flown since our sweet Garrett was born right on Mother's Day - May 9th, 1993. I actually won a camera for waiting four extra minutes to have him on mother's day, but never collected it! Garrett came into the world with all women doctors and nurses, except for his dad. It has been that way ever since! He was grey, cone headed, and speckled because of a difficult trip into the world, and he had big hands& feet- which is still true He has size 12 feet! He is no longer grey or speckled, and is a very handome young man. Garrett has always been a steady presence - a sensitive and loveble boy, affectionate and true. He is funny and smart, and I can't imagine our lives without him! I feel the same way about his dad, who rocks my world!

Garett turned fourteen on the 9th, and Rhett turned 43. Garrett has not taken off his Broncos NFL cap except for bed and showering - I think it's a keeper. He also wanted and received a globe! Rhett grilled steak for his birthday dinner last night, and we are going to go to a concert - (Def Leppard/Foreigner/Styx) for his birthday. Tonight is his "order of the arrow" campout for Garrett. I think it's called "the ordeal". Rhett and Madison took off for Italy today - Madison is thrilled beyond words- actually she is full of words and ready to take on the shopping, the food, and the "good looking Italian boys" who of course will be driving mopeds and want to take her for a spin. For the rest of us, it's just chicken nuggets as usual ! Here our the pictures of our boys - Thanks for all your birthday wishes, and don't sweat it if you didn't know!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Garrett, you handsome devil! I just realized that in the younger pictures of Garrett, he looks a lot like Olivia. Ah!! I'm sure that's not what a brother and sister want to hear.

Madison was a pretty little girl too... with those big brown puppy dog eyes and long dark eyelashes. That picture is how I remember Madison when we lived in Pennsylvania. I remember all the Latinos wanted to hold her. Now, the Italians boys do.

Joel said...

Ha! That was a good one, Glen. Happy Birthday Rhett and Garrett. I'm jealous of Madison, of all the places I've been, Europe is not one of them.

Paul and Joni said...

Good blog, Happy day Rhett and Garrett. I just kept thinking to myself how cool you guys are...styx and foreigner? Italy? Steak? You really do have an awesome family.

Anonymous said...

Joel - where all have you traveled? P&J - I'm glad you think we're cool - I guess I don't blog all the uncool things we do - just the good stuff! It's good to have a family to validate your life! Love you guys!
Melecia

Anonymous said...

Okay so I looked at my calender on monday and saw their birthdays and thought we should call at least one of the nights.....and then today came and I saw your blog and realized we had forgotten, well kind of. I did remember just early I guess.
Good thing Garrett lucked out with a bunch of great uncles. It really was fun to spend some time playing the guitar and karaoke with Garrett at christmas. Usually men that are sick are WAY wimpy but not Garrett. He was very happy go lucky and he not only had the flu but also a broken bone! Geez, his wife will be one lucky lady.
How cool for Madison to go to Italy. I hope they take lots of pictures. Do you really think she will be able to do alot of shopping with Rhett around? I just ask because I know that Glen didn't enjoy one second of our shopping in Mexico. We spend a total of maybe 2 hours and he thinks that is all we did the whole trip. GUYS!
Good luck with the kids while they are gone.

Maude said...

Great picture story, Melecia - - -from tiny baby to shaving! Wow. What a neat guy you are, Garrett!

I kind of agree with Paul on the awesome family stuff. I'm VERY impressed with all you do, have done, plan to do, etc. I think it's awesome that Madisoon got to go to Italy, but I do wish she'd decided to take Gramster along to protect her from all those Italian boys! Darn!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos...thanks for sharing them with us...and it was really wonderful reading your post..this is truly beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dave, that's very kind!
-Melecia

Anonymous said...

We're back from a wedding at Manti Temple for Susan's fabulous nephew Brandon who looks like Blake Lewis on American Idol. Congratulations, Garrett,on turning fourteen. Do you really have to shave?

Italy is a great place to visit. Hope to hear all about it.

Hope your mother's day was fabulous. You are one great mom and wife. We love you.

Thanks for remembering Susan on Mother's Day. There is a lot of love in this family. Dad