Blog Background

Monday, May 07, 2007

Cecily vs. the Vaseline





Little Miss Cecily found the Vaseline and put the whole jar on her hair before we found out about it. Our kids have put lots of things on their hair, but this is the first for petroleum jelly.
I have news -it doesn't come out! I tried a different home remedy every day for four days until she was greasy but not bad. We have pictures of the corn starch, baby oil, baking soda, and clarifying shampoo going in. We went with the "slicked back" look for the week.

6 comments:

Joel said...

That is hilarious. A little Pat Riley impersonation.

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just shave her hair off?

It could be weeks before it comes off. She could slide off her bed and hurt herself.

Maude said...

That is so funny! That's a first, Melecia. I have no suggestions that you haven't tried. Glen did the syrup with corn meal mix, but Vaseline is a whole different story! She looks very pleased with herself, however, so I guess no permanent damage done, right? She'll have that "smooth, sophisticated" look for a while. You're a good Mom to "not sweat the small stuff." Love you.

Paul and Joni said...

LOL

Anonymous said...

Go grease lightning!!!!

Anonymous said...

Call me weird but that actually sounds like fun if you didn't have to deal with the consiquences of trying to get it off yourself later.
I mean it would be fun to put things in your hair and all over if you weren't the one that had to clean it up! Don't you think?
Her hair is so blonde.