Blog Background

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Spring Time

It's Spring Time and all of the animals are coming back and flowers are blooming. I was just outside on a beautiful day and saw some birds. I went to go get the camera because we saw a falcon, red cardinal, robin, and two bluebirds. A long time ago when we were cleaning up the garage, I found an old birdhouse. I sanded it, washed it, repainted it, and put it up. After a week, there was a nice nest, a few days after, 4 Bluebird eggs, and then 2 days ago, I went to check on them and saw 4 cute little babies all chirping. But I didn't know the parents were there, they came out of nowhere and swooped over my head. I don't check on them anymore and no one else does. We also are made a garden and spent the whole day putting dirt and soil and planting plants in the huge wooden box. It started to rain during it, but we kept on going and then we planted a shade tree too. After about 7 hours of the whole day we went inside, but now we are all really sore. A few months ago, Mom put up a birdfeeder and all we've had come are little crows and finches, but today I saw two cardinals come and when looked at them they flew away to one of our trees in the yard. I think they are building a nest, but who knows. It's beautiful here and I just wanted to tell about a nice spring.

A Falcon
Our birdhouse

Daddy bluebird


Mommy Bluebird


Just a robin



4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

Nice pictures Livi!!
We love all the brightly colored birds in this region as well!!!
Enjoy spring!!!

Maude said...

Super neat blog, Livi. I love the bluebirds - - one of my favorite birds of all! They do get pretty protective of their little ones, for sure.

I'm sure your garden will be fantastic. What did you plant? When you start eating all those yummy, fresh veggies, all your effort will be worth it.

Love you lots.
Gramster

Kendi said...

Glad to see that you have such beautiful birds to take pictures of.
You'll have to ask Uncle Glen about the birds in our area and just how much he LOVES them!!!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

What a nice blog, Livi! We love Spring too. We have a lot of pretty birds that eat at our feeder and bath in our fountain. My favorites are the little yellow ones!

love you,
Nanni Sue