Blog Background

Thursday, May 15, 2008

These Happy Golden Days

Rhett's visit was the peanut butter to our jelly - the yin to our yang, the.... well, you get the picture! I met his plane and we pretended to be newlyweds for the next 24 hours, staying up in DC while my dear friend Sachiko watched the kids. We walked through areas of DC we hadn't seen before, and the May weather put on a show of blossoms and green which filled Rhett up! Once home, visions of fixing doorbells and things broken in the house took second place to the kids wanting time with their dad. He took each one out for some time - Livi chose to go see "Mim's Island". Becca wanted a smiling pancake for breakfast at IHOP, Garrett went to the Air and Space Museum, and Madison & Dad went to dinner & saw Ironman. I have proudly said that I am learning to be independent and life life on my own very well, but the reality is that I can do well on my own with God's help, but that we all need Rhett. We have discovered that this year - the incredible strength of a good father and the impact he has on his children. So - enough jabber and here are some blogs.

7 comments:

Moore Family said...

I'm very happy for you guys. I'm sure the reunion has been sweet.

Nice to see that Madison is extending the dating pool a little. Garrett sounds like he's really serious about the pilot thing - that's great. Nice to hear that you're doing well.

Glen

Paul and Joni said...

Thanks for all the blogs, and the advice on being away from your spouse. I got all nostalgic looking at pictures when Tears for Fears came on your music. Its good to see Madison so happy, she'll find a lot of good guys like that when she goes to school.

I am not surprised Garrett is following in his dad's footsteps. I have a confession...we just got a wii a couple weeks ago and it is soooo fun. I know to put it down when I start getting tennis elbow from a video game. Target had like 20 of them but they were out everywhere else.

Keep up the blogging, you really have a great family and its fun keeping up with you guys.

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity of your kids requests! In general it sounded like they just wanted some good one on one time with their dad.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Such happy pictures of your happy family. I'm so glad that Rhett got to have a trip home. Looks and sounds like it was a much needed and appreciated trip by everyone!! You are indeed a very special family--every single one of you!!!

xoxo,
Susan

Garity said...

We love you Rhett! We are sad we missed you and hope you getto be home for good soon. Kris and I both agreed Venezuela is no longer the place you loved on your mission...boy do we have some stories! If Chavez ever gets ousted this place will be fabulous to live in! We are still enjoying our experience so far but the political unrest is really something else especially to experience it first hand and to be a target of Chavez's policies...hmmm, I don't know how much longer we are going to be here. Several US companies are already getting kicked out and have to be gone by the end of the summer. What an adventure. We'll get our fill of arepas and cachapas before we get kicked out I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Melecica! We're glad that you had Rhett home for awhile...it sounds like everyone's bucket was replenished for awhile!

Maude said...

Thanks for all the wonderful photos, Melecia. The kids are all so beautiful - - -and look so happy to see their Dad again. They are all wonderful - - -but you know that.

I'm thrilled for you that you got the "bonus week" with Rhett. I think it was a real shot in the arm for all of you. We've got to figure out something about a camera for you, girl! Maybe you can ask for one for your birthday??

Love you all,
Mom/Gram