Today was a strange day! Around 4:00 we could hear thunder and the sky was a funny shade of green. I went outside and a lot of people were outside too staring at the sky. I didn't like the look of a big group of dark clouds with a green tint coming closer, so we went for the basement. It came quickly without a warning - as soon as we were all in the basement, we could hear the wind wailing, and then we saw our trampoline fly up , up and away into the sky. The wind was sideways, and I could almost hear the music from the wizard of oz - didn't see any witches on brooms or ugly teachers riding bicycles though! The kids wanted to "go up and check on things" but I wouldn't let them. Garrett got on his rain boots and jacket, and I practically had to sit on him so he wouldn't go outside to see the storm. Just a few minutes after the wind came rain and hail, and then the storm stopped. Our trampoline had launched quite a ways and was lying upside down by the park across the way. It's old, and I was ready to git rid of it, so this was the perfect way - we didn't even need to carry it ourselves. Now to just pretend that it's not ours - huh? I don't know where it came from - just kidding!
Garrett's school called a few days ago to make sure that I am at the school tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. for award ceremony. Garrett has been chosen as "Outstanding Freshman" by the teachers and staff, and I am excited to watch the surprise on his face when he sees he has been given that award! I'm so grateful for my kids - they can try the soul, but they also do so well!
Is anybody else hooked on the Bachelorette besides me? I even went on the blog and found out who the final two will be. I have way too much time on my hands at night, folks! Also - what are some of you doing to tighten up with the price of food and gas going up so high? Just interested in your ideas - creative or no. I already know Steve and Jen's - stay home with your darling newborn and ride a scooter to work. Any other thoughts about tightening the belt?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Well that's one way to get rid of your old tramp. We don't have crazy weather like that around here, except once tornato that hit the Delta Center years ago. Wow! I'm kind of with your kids - I'd be curious and would want to go check it out.
I'll admit it. I watch the Bachelorette. I know that Paul does too so that makes at least two heterosexual men that watch it. Last time I talked to Paul on the phone, he was snuggling up in a blanky watching the Bachelorette and eating a quart of ice cream and bon bons. Ok, the Bachelorette part is true.
I guess it's one of my guilty pleasures. I don't know what it is about reality TV that I find so irresistable, but I like a lot of reality TV shows. I can't believe you cheated Melecia. You broke the first rule of reality TV. Shame!
Glen
This crazy weather seems to hit in many places. As you may know we had tornados, hail and heavy rain two weeks ago when Windsor and some other outlying communities got hit. We had just left for California when Stake Presidents from three stakes were making cleanup assignments for Priesthood holders to do. We were missed in Longmont, but we got a good drenching from the rain. I'm, glad noone got hurt in your storm and that your tramp came home again. Are you going to replace it?
Congratulations to your super son on his recognition. I hope it's okay now to mention it in the blog.
We visited Hollywood yesterday and saw the theatre for the Academy Awards and American Idol. The Farmer's Market in LA is really something. Beverly Hills is as beautiful as ever.
We are saving a lot during the gas price surge by driving our kids 2003 Toyota Corolla. We fit five of us in that car for the drive to California that included Grandma and a fair amount of baggage in a decent sized trunk. We saved a lot on gas costs. Taking the Tahoe would have been very expensive. I think the days of the larger cars have to end, and we need to make due with what we have. Bush's money will probably help us buy groceris. The roads aren't as crowded, although we Americans still haven't learned to get along without our toys, eating out, and must haves.
Love hearing from you again, and love you Moore. Dad
Congrats to Garrett. What an awesome reward to recieve! You really need a camera so we can see all these awesome experiences you guys are having!
That storm sounds scary. Do you have tornado's like that often? How did you get your tramp back or get it hauled away afterward?
Glen and I were just talking about how the bachelorette last night. Surprisingly enough I have bowed out of the last couple bachelors. I try to catch the first one but they just don't keep my interest. I honestly only watch one show, which is the Office. I use to watch more TV but the last couple years I just don't make the time for it, but it makes me wonder what I do in the evenings. They do seem to fly by.
I agree with Glen, though, you totally cheated!!!
Holy crap! Thats a nutty storm, congrats Garrett on the award.
Yes I watch the Bachelorette too, I really like Jason (the guy with the kid). I've liked him and the snowboarder from the beginning, but I don't think the snowboarder will make it to the end. What blog is this that you cheat on? Nevermind...I don't want to know.
No tips for tightening the belt here...I don't even have to wear a belt anymore with my gut. I actually try to take care of everything in one trip, and only go to the stores right by my house. I've been going with the non brand name foods to save a bit...lots of cereal and lots of pbj's.
Oh I forgot... congratulations Garret. That's very cool news and I'm not surprised.
As for saving, I'm now the Hot Pocket king! I probably eat Hot Pockets three times a week for lunch. We got a 20 pack at Costco for $11 which is way cheaper than eating at Subway for lunch like I used to do.
There's not much I can do about driving to and from work - got to do it. I do find myself consciously trying to avoid quick stops and starts. I've heard you get like 10-20% better gas mileage that way. And I try to buy gas at Costco where it's usually $.10 cheaper.
Glen
Wow - -so scary about the tornado! I'm glad you survived - - and pray that tonight's weather by-passed you without further concern.
Congratulations, Garrett! I've witnessed how hard you study, and know what strong character you have, so I'm not surprised, but very proud of you, for sure.
I do watch the Bachelorette - - -probably wouldn't have, but I made the mistake of watching the "Big Rejection" episode from last year's Bachelor - - -so had to see how things worked out for her. I don't watch every minute, but kind of drift in and out, while I do other things. Jim is a big fan - - -that makes 3 manly guys I know who watch it! :) I still can't believe you cheated, daughter dear! Tsk, tsk. :)
Love you,
Mom
Congrats to Garrett! What an outstanding young man you are in every way. We are so very proud of you!
That must have been so scary being in the basement during that tornado! I'm glad your house was ok!!
Now that Idol and Dancing with the Stars is over, we are pretty much not watching TV, but that's partly because we are on vacation. Not sure what we'll get into when we get home!!
xo,
Susan
Oh my gosh Melecia! Do I dare call that excitement? Well maybe for the kids it was. Unfortunately I did the same thing when I was Garretts age. We had tornados all the time in St Louis and I'd always be standing on the deck with a camera in hand like a moron.
Tell Garrett Kris and I are sending major congrats his way!
Post a Comment