
Garrett's 15th was tailored for him - Rhett took him out of school Friday and they went to the Smithsonian Air and Space annex. Two men who love planes in a hanger full of them = paradise. Madison made Kendi's delicious chocolate cake recipe and we loved it! I can see why this recipe is loved by all! We teased Garrett by giving him a dictionary and a shower curtain first - both things he needed, and then pretending that was it in the gift department. Then a few minutes later, after Garrett was trying to be positive with his gifts, we unveiled the "big present". We don't usually go all out like this, but Garrett got the last Wii left in town - we called like 15 stores and one was left stored in the Sear's safe, and I had one hour to get there before it was gone. Word to the wise - buy your Wii's now if you are thinking of one for Christmas! Garrett's goal is to be an air force pilot, and he logged an hour or two of fun in the simulator. This Saturday he goes to the Andrews AFB airshow - the Blue Angels will be there among other things! Garrett has missed his dad so much this year and it has caused him some anguish and anxiety, but he is hurdling those challanges, and doing really well! We are so proud of him and think he's an amazing young man!

2 comments:
Holy smokes Garrett is one good lookin kid. I guess I can say that because I am not technically blood related? However don't worry Garrett I promise not to put the moves on you the next time I see you. But seriously you must have lots of girls after you.
Happy 15th birthday!
I think we must be the only ones in the universe without a Wii or any sort of video game at all.
That was a very nice blog following a long dry spell. Nice to see everybody so happy, and to have Rhett home, 'tho too brief.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment