behaved and was the center of attention - except for Rhett. Rhett showed us around his office - really in need of a decorator.
Dr. Godfrey honored Rhett with a plaque and we got some gifts. While Rhett was thanking everyone and giving a speech, I began to cry, then Rhett cried. Finally I was able to turn off the faucet when someone told a joke to lighten the mood - thank you!
The lunch was packed, and people came up to me afterwards to tell me they were here if I needed anything at all. They also had the most wonderful things to say about Rhett as a person and as a worker. In a fairly short time, he was able to touch a lot of lives! Rhett craves peanut M&M's and Carmelita, and older woman across the way give him a huge bag of M&M's "for the journey". She said the carpet is worn between her office and Rhett where he came to visit her and get M&M's. I was really glad to be there to "feel the love" in the office, and to meet Rhett's coworkers and friends. We'll be using this blog a lot more now that Rhett is leaving, and I think he'll get one too.
10 comments:
I crave peanut M&M's too Rhett!
Wow, you had me in tears reading this, glad I wasn't there I probably would have embarrassed you guys with my own faucet of tears.
It sounds like Rhett was very well liked and they will definately miss seeing him regularly.
We're excited to hear what Rhett has to say on his blog, but we'll hold off as we're not excited to see him go so far away.
You and Cecily look great, it's nice to finally see you in some pictures!
What a wonderful day for all of you, especially Rhett - - -but good for you to feel that love and support as well. We'll be looking forward to "sharing the adventure" through the blog and otherwise.
I admire you both so very much, you know - - -and love you tons.
Great pictures of all of you. Thanks for sharing.
Peanut M & M's are one of Jim's favorites, too. I bought some this weekend, and Erin, Rae, and Jim made short work of them - - must be a favorite of many.
It hardly seems possible the time is so close that Rhett will be gone for a year. How touching to know how much he is appreciated at work, and that you love each other so much! Tears of anticipation, of appreciation, this will be a time of real adventure and trial. We are with you one hundred percent! Peanut M & M's are Susan's favorites too. I'm pleased to know you will be sharing your thoughts and feelings through the blog. Love you, Dad
What a wonderful farewell party. Rhett and your whole family are already in our prayers every day but that will go up a lot once he leaves!! We love you sooo much and are so very proud of each of you.
xo,
Susan
I guess I'll join in and say I LOVE PEANUT M&M'S TOO! I have to say I brag about Rhett quite a bit. I have an interview with Raytheon tomorrow and I was thinking about him the whole time when they said they have a headquarters in Saudi Arabia. We'll be looking forward to Rhett's blog too, that's a great idea
I have to say it...I love peanut M&Ms too! I haven't even met Rhett yet, but I can tell we'll get along great.
And I'm still laughing over Stack Money...I can't wait to meet all your kids!!
Love,
Erin
ok, I just have to toot my own horn for a minute. Did anyone else notice that my comment says "met Rhett yet?" It rhymes!!
I'm delirious and going to bed.
That's the nice thing about the name Rhett. It rhymes with everything. Nice that all your office folks did the going away party. Rhett is a very likable guy. Look forward to reading more blogs.
Maybe it's a family thing because we all love Peanut Butter M&M's!! Next reunion we'll all bring some bags!!
It's nice to hear how well liked and respected Rhett is!!
You've got a great family!!
Hi guys,
This is Kathy Nannie.
I just wanted to let you know that I have been enjoying your blog. Good luck Rhett. Good luck to Melecia & the kids. It will be hard but it sounds like you are great family and have lots of support. Our thoughts will be with you.
Post a Comment