Blog Background

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Twilight time of day

Dinner is over - it's about an hour before the first shift gets to bed - it's my favorite time of day - twilight. The sun's glare lowers into long shadows, and we are all home tonight to relax together.






Garrett came home from Philmont eight pounds lighter and with pneumonia in his lungs. He is on the mend now, but is still needing to take meds & rest, and and watching a lot of the "Price is Right".

Madison finished field hockey camp and dove right into the new "Harry Potter". The team camp was at University of Maryland, the "terps".




Rhett has a late meeting and comes home a little late today. Cecily wants to be like her field hockey wielding sisters.
That's our day. We saw "Hairspray" all together. It was really happy and cute. I forgot to bring the diaper bag, and of course Cecily dumped a big load! We went in the back so the whole theatre wouldn't smell like diapers! John Travolta & the whole cast rocked!


10 comments:

Maude said...

What cute pictures of everyone! Thanks, Melecia - - -but where's one of you?! I hope Garrett is on the mend. He looks a bit miserable. Madison, did you cut your hair? It looks shorter.

I agree that twilight is a special time. The sun's rays are soft, and things are unwinding a bit. A very nice time of day.

Love you.

Mom

Maude said...

Oops - - -P. S. Was "Hairspray" as good as the one on Broadway. I can't imagine Travolta being as good as the "Momma" in the Broadway one. Guess we'll have to go check it out.

Anonymous said...

Nope, nobody beats the broadway "Momma". Travolta is a shy southern mama with a temper. They could do a lot with the movie, but the music of the stage version brought us to our feet - the movie couldn't! Madison did het a haircut. I'm camera shy until I lose a few pounds - I know, that's terrible!
Love,
Melecia

Anonymous said...

Madison only got an inch off - the picture does look like it's a shoulder length bob - nope!
-Melecia

Paul and Joni said...

I love how you go into detail about the beautiful sun and shadows during twilight, you really set the mood for some light reading, then you mention Cecily dumping a huge load in the movie theatre...I just about dumped a load myself upon reading that. Where are the wipes?

Anonymous said...

We saw "Hairspray" last night. I couldn't stop laughing at John Travolta in the mother part. He's pretty versatile, and my laughter was about how ridiculously funny he was. We loved the Broadway show of "Hairspray" when we were in NY. The movie and the live performance both differ; it's easy to appreciate both.

Everybody does look relaxed. Hope Garrett gets better quickly. We drove by a car today while heading for Eric's finals in CARA Tennis that said "I love Harry P." Does it ever wear out? Movie review wasn't so hot. I can miss that one. Eric got beat in the semi-finals, but he looked sharp when he won his first three matches.

Summer is moving by very quickly. This has been one of the most active summers we've ever had. We really enjoyed seeing La Boheme at the Santa Fe Opera last Saturday and enjoyed our visit with David and Viera.

Glad you had a happy birthday, and that you know how much we love you. Dad

Anonymous said...

I'm with you that twilight is one of the best parts of the day...it's time to wind down and knowing that the children will be in bed soon let's you breath a sigh of relief that you have conquered yet another day!!

Looks like you're all happy (except poor Garrett, hope he's feeling better).

Anonymous said...

So how did Garret like Philmont? He looks wiped out. Or maybe that's just how cool teenagers look.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see pictures of ALMOST everyone. Cecily's hair is so blonde and is growing. Very cute.
I am excited to see Hairspray. I am sure it will bring back memories from our trip down there with you all. That was fun and I think for now that is my favorite broadway play. I am sure the movie will be different but if the music is much the same I am sure I will like it too.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY MELECIA AND RHETT! Happy marriage and going stronger each year. We love you very much. Dad and Susan