Blog Background

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Notes from Becca

I thought I'd send some funnies from Becca. She's been into writing and posting signs lately, making sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing. She says "I'll be the reminder girl" - aren't we lucky? The other night a group of 10-13 year old girls from the Utah Valley Children's choir stayed with us overnight, and could all sing and play the piano. Trust those Mormons from Utah to know how to entertain musically (hee hee). Anyway, they were doing a jazzy version of "Follow the Prophet" in like six different harmonies, and I came in dancing russian style - if you can picture that. Becca watched me quietly for a few seconds and then went into the kitchen. She came back a few minutes later and posted a sign on the piano "NO DANSING" I laughed and left it up for a while.
Last night, I was really on her case because she was being a pill, and I told her she couldn't have any dessert. Again, went into the kitchen for a few minutes, then said "mom, how to you spell bags?" I spelled it for her. She taped the note on the oven and went up to bed. The note read "PAC YOUR BAGS MOM". I am going to save this one forever!

7 comments:

Maude said...

What a funny girl! Writing is a good thing for her - - -gets her thoughts across, helps her learn how to write and spell, and expresses her unique and special personality. Good for you, Becca. :)

Anonymous said...

Becca also said a few other things like, "If anyone has to go to the bathroom, please go in the bushes,
Thank You." and started to think of a title for a bok adwrote "THE Black Stallion!"Becca is so FUNNY!
Love,
Livi

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

She is a very funny, clever girl!
Gotta love her cute little ways!
Love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Those little notes are priceless! You have to keep them. Cute little Becca. I seriously got such a kick out of her at Christmas. Carter still calls her "the one girl that wanted to play with his red car." Funny things that kids remember.

Anonymous said...

Where does she come up with stuff like that?! That's so funny. She's a little comedian that girl.

Anonymous said...

It looks to me like Becca is in the beginnings of becoming a police woman. I wish I could have seen your dancing. She's funny and her mom is very expressive!
Love you, Dad

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest thing I've heard!! Pack your bags mom!!!
There are times that I honestly wish I could...even for a few days...make them see how good they've got it!!

My mom saved the letter I wrote her resigning as the oldest child and resigning as the chief babysitter of the family. It's kind of funny how resourceful kids can be!!!