Madison had oral surgery Wednesday morning to remove her wisdom teeth plus an impacted tooth that was going to be a problem. She was pretty loopy at first, saying some really funny things. An impressionist painting hung in front of her on the wall, and she kept saying how much she hated it, and then she tried to take her bandaid off. Once I took it off, she wanted it on. She thought it was the 4th of july, and asked to drive on the way home. It's funny how people react to drugs. Madison should never, never take more than an Advil or Tylenol. When the drugs were really in her system, she tried to leave the house and alternated between rage and crying. I felt like we were in one of those dramas where the patient is checked into rehab. The kids kept peeking over the sofa at her until she yelled at them, and they would disappear. A fly kept landing on her and she flew into a rage as she tried to kill it or ask us to. We stopped the medicine, flushed it down the toilet, gave her advil, and called the professionals - my mom and dad. Thanks family for helping Madison by talking her "down", and letting her vent to someone who wasn't in her own home. I sure love you guys!
After Garrett and I had a long day of caring for the patient, we handed the baton over to Rhett last night when he returned home from his trip, and went to "Evan Almighty" - funny and sweet - I really liked what's his name in the lead. We've checked out lots of movies for the weekend, and watched "Multiplicity" last night - thought of the boys - don't you guys quote a lot from that movie? Anyway, today is a lot better, and I'm sure tomorrow will be even better than today.
I'm glad Madison had her teeth out now instead of several years from now, so we could keep her under lock and key!
8 comments:
So sorry, Madison. You look so sad and miserable. We hope you're feeling better, both from the healing aspect, and having the drugs out of your system. Add your name to the list of family members who can't take pain medications. Paul and I are on it for sure, and can certainly attest that drugs can do awful things - - -as well as being helpful at times. The good news? You'll never have to have your wisdom teeth out again!!!
Cheers to Melecia Mom for handling the tough day - -and also escaping for a while with Garrett. You're a wise woman! :)
Thanks for including me, Eric and Hannah in your "talk down" with Madison. She seemed to respond well. There's a lot of love in this family and it makes a BIG difference in our lives. We enjoyed seeing Rhett, and glad he got home and could help you with the family. Susan and Eric took her mom and dad back to Utah today after they had been here for two weeks. We really enjoy the spirit that comes to our home when our family can be with us. We look forward to seeing you later in the year. Love, Dad
Multiplicity is a classic steve, she touched my peppy. Joni said that when I had my wisdom teeth out I was laughing and blood was running all down my face, I was awake the whole time and I remember the dentist strattling me trying to yank my teeth out, my cheeks were huge for two days and my chin is still a bit numb after two years. Its funny because I never know when food is on my chin until Joni tells me. Hope Madison feels better soon, enjoy the squirting water thingy into the "holes" for a while after you eat. Just milk all the attention you are getting for now, it'll all be over soon. You can call us if you like but we probably won't do a good job of helping you feel better.
Sad pictures of Madison. Eric and Hannah thought she sounded pretty funny and desperate!! I hope things are better now and that she will never have that kind of experience again--or you!!
We really enjoyed seeing Rhett! He's a great guy--sure loves his family. He spoke a lot about how much he loves you and how proud he is of all you do!!
Glad you and Garrett saw Evan Almighty and liked it. Our paper gave it a poor review, but I didn't believe it. We'll go see it for sure now that you've given it a thumbs up!!
xo,
Susan
Ouch, the denist is the worst. I really don't care what it is...anything to do with the teeth is the worst for me.
I remember when I got my 2 bottom wisdom teeth out, my older sister and I went together. I remember my dad was laughing at us and we had no clue why until we looked and each other and realized the water we were drinking to take our pills was running down our chins and we couldn't even feel it. I'm sure we looked pretty dang pathetic!
I am really surprised that Madison let you take those pictures and that she let you put them on your blog....she doesn't look too violent in the pictures. Where was Patrick?
Hi Kendi!
Madison said she didn't care if I put them on the blog, but they do look really sad, and I might erase them! Patrick was there the whole first day (after she came home) - she had trouble the second day. He brought her roses and a pink bear that she named "strawberry icecream". He laughed and laughed. I asked him not to come the second day, and they watched movies the third day.
How was camp?
Those pictures are so funny. I got a good chuckle! Everybody has to go through that, but I agree - Madison should stay away from drugs of any kind.
I think there are several of us in the family that should stay away from anything stronger than Tylenol..Madison, GramBerger and myself!! Not fun to be in a drug induced stupor!!
I'm glad you're feeling better and have a great family to take care of you!
Post a Comment