Blog Background

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Rednecky Photos

This yard ornament definately was a photo opportunity in my book.

This grocery store is run by wonderful folks with southern accents as thick as grits! They sell wonderful brown eggs and fresh produce.


Nascar and Confederate flags can be seen here and there. The Civil War is still an issue for

a lot of folks, and many think that the Confederacy won!




The same yard as the flag, the man posts his political views by the road from time to time. This sign is one of his tamer ones! He asked me if I have family in the military. I said my husband. He said his son is in Iraq right now. I think his motivation for serving in the military is pretty much based on the sign.

Some other favorites: On the back of car windows "Drivin in the memory of Grandma" and then liststhe dates when grandma lived. Have you ever seen these? Please feel free to post your favorite things that give your area flavor! I posted a blog before this about Becca if you want to read more! -Melecia

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got to love Southerns!!!Don't they still call it the war of Northern Aggression?
Too funny!!!!
Great post.

Anonymous said...

Glen and I will have to get some shots of our "redneck" neighbors. Love them, we couldn't ask for better neighbors but they are a bit hickish!

Maude said...

The people in our Ashton Ward aren't rednecks - - -although one man won't let his daughters date "outsiders" - - -anyone NOT from Idaho! I laughed last week when a S. S. teacher was talking about the people who stood on their towers looking down at those "lesser" than themselves; the teacher said, "I haven't met any Rameumptoms here." One man raised his hand with a smile and sad, "That's because we ARE those folks they look down on." Not true, but got a good laugh.

Anonymous said...

That looks a lot like Rhett. I thought you broke him of the habit of relieving himslef in the yard?!

Joel said...

Those are funny, I have a book of short stories by an african-american author and there is a funny one about the confederate flag. I'll try to remember if over christmas.

Paul and Joni said...

Am I the only one who is reminded of Hygeine Colorado when seeing some of those pics? minus the confederate falg

Anonymous said...

Oh...maybe thats it...it was Pablo peeing in the yard and not Rhett.

By the way, yes...the old home and trees kinda look like Hygiene. you were like 6 or something when we moved, I can hardly remember anything from before 7 or 8. That's pretty good.