Blog Background

Friday, November 03, 2006

Becca

We have some friends from Utah staying with us this week. Their oldest daughter is having a wedding reception here at the Stake Center, and our home is becoming "reception grand central station!" All the reception stuff and wedding dress is stranded in Wyoming with a broken down R.V. that the groom's parents were driving, so the brides family is starting from scratch, except for the dress which is being Fedexed. They have good attitudes about everything though. I might be having a little crying jag at this point. The bride's grandmother is also staying here. I was worried that she might not enjoy staying here, but she has been really helpful, playing with Cecily and helping in the kitchen. The only thing really different is Madison and Garrett are sleeping on the couch, and I am making bigger meals. Last night we all sat down and blew up pink balloons while watching "Nacho Libre". Jack Black is so fun to watch! I love the songs he makes up.
Becca lost her first tooth this week. In typical Becca fashion, she wanted to do things her way, which means the she didn't want the tooth fairy to get near the tooth. She was very upset about the whole idea, and wanted to keep her tooth. She didn't even want anything under her pillow. The tooth fairy didn't come according to Becca's wish until the second night, when we wrote a long letter explaining Becca's desires and asking if the Fairy could find it in her heart to leave the tooth and a little cash. Wish granted! I made a big mistake with Becca this week! Livi left school early to go to the dentist and I forgot to tell Becca that Livi wouldn't be riding home on the bus with her. To add to this, I forgot to walk to the stop and get Becca. Usually Livi and Becca just walk home from the stop because it's just at the corner. Becca was sure that Livi was on the bus somewhere, and that Livi had missed getting off at the stop. She made the bus driver stop the bus and look for Livi. Becca wouldn't leave the bus until she knew where Livi was. She became very upset and stood at the corner talking with the bus driver. A kind neighbor walked her home - tear stained to a very chagrined and sad mother! When she saw Livi, she ran and hugged her. What a sweetheart. I will NEVER make that mistake again.

5 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Thats a good story, I remember waiting at school for up to an hour sometimes to be picked up, sorry mom. I wasn't crying...just steaming mad

Anonymous said...

Melecia...you are a great hostess and good friend to turn your house into a reception staging center.
I love the tooth fairy story.Our toothfairy has "her" own stationary!! I love the letters the girls write!
You're a good mom. Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

What a day in the life of a busy mother! Your efforts to help others are so impressive. You have a good soul. I'm glad you are blogging now as you express yourself so well, and bring us ever closer together. Love, Dad

Anonymous said...

That Becca is a smart girl. Reading your little story about her looking for Livi brought tears to my eyes (yes I send to be a bit emotional at little things) she must have been frantic and what a good sister. You for sure have to write that in her journal so she can remember it when she is older.
Have fun with your company!

Maude said...

What a neat girl that Becca is! You'll never have to worry about her taking care of things - -or being swayed in her beliefs! You go, Becca! I nearly cried thinking about her refusing to leave without Livi. What a sister! Good luck with all the company. You are a saint, my daughter, and are capable of such love and generosity. Proud of you - - -as usual!