Last night the sister missionaries came over for dinner and Madison and I went with them to teach someone. Both appointments they had made and confirmed were not there, but the sisters remained totally positive and enthusiastic. One sister lives on a cattle ranch in Blackfoot, Idaho, and the other is a U of Utah grad. who was an accountant in SLC. We ate Thanksgiving leftovers and they talked about how they are working this month specifically on the attribute of "patience". I really thought about that - and decided that patience will be the thing I'll work on this month too! It's especially easy for me to get flustered with all the things that need to be done around the house, but I'm realizing that there is no such thing as "done" - so enjoy life already! Today went really well because we did jobs in the morning, and then went swimming at the YMCA as a reward. Becca & Livi were totally excited and joyful about going swimming, and Rhett was the favorite playmate. Cecily was totally relaxed in the warm water, and just had this funny look on her face of totally "zoning" out while she floated around. Something about water and babies! Some of my most happy memories with the family were when we went to Centennial pool in Longmont, and I held onto dad while he swam under water. Madison and I went out a little while on black friday, but after a few hours decided it was a really bad idea and headed home. I don't think anything is worth the lines and the crowds. My favorite time on black friday was the day after mom & Jim's wedding in Ashton when Kendi and I went out at 5 a.m. with a game plan. We were nuts and had a great time. Favorite memory from this year's Thanksgiving - seeing Rhett, Garrett, and Madison totally covered with mud from the Turkey bowl. It was raining but the people came out anyway to play. I wish I would have taken a picture!
That's abut it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember when you crazies went out to shop that one thanksgiving, I think I slept in. That was pretty fun just to hang out and chow on junk food. Joni tried to go shopping too but was also unsuccessful, she ended up buying two whoopee cusions from the dollar store...maybe it was a successful trip after all.
Yes, I remember your shopping trip well. The truly amazing part was that you were able to get everything you purchased into suitcases for the trip home! Amazing! You have more courage than I do to hit the stores on Black Friday; I'm not much of a shopper, anyway, and crowds in stores make me feel a little claustrophobic.
Patience is one of those virtues we can all work on, I think - - -patience with others and with ourselves. A great choice for anyone. Enjoy the journey!
I think it's funny that you Melecia of all people think you need to work on patience. One of the words that I would use to describe you is patience. I wish I had the patience you had with your kids. Maybe I could come visit you this summer and you can teach me!
That black Friday we went out was my first. It was a blast, but I mostly think it was fun just because we were together. There is no shopping up here in Cut Bank so I missed out on yet another year of it.
I suggested to Glen that we go shopping about two weeks ago but he wanted to wait (basically just put it off) so I guess we will fight the crowds when we get back. From here on out it is pure craziness everywhere you turn for shopping! Glad you and Madison attempted the crowds on Friday.
Post a Comment