
After a long day of about twelve hours in the air and several layovers, it was so great to find Mom/Gramster cheerfully waiting for us at the baggage claim in Honolulu. My mom and I fulfilled so many of our dream, or "bucket list" items on this trip, starting by going to Hawaii in the first place! I would have loved to have gone with Rhett too, but he didn't have enough leave saved up and kindly volunteered to keep the kids going in their first week of school. The first thing we wanted to do was leave crowded and not so pretty Honolulu in our rear view mirror, so mom got out the GPS and the drive became more green, lush and beautiful the farther north we drove. We arrived at Liahe at night and went right in our "Coco Villa" at the Tiki Moon. My wish is our whole family could go there together someday and stay right there at the Tiki Moon.
One thing on my bucket list has always been to rent a red mustang convertible, soooo. We did - on the Big Island of Hawaii. The rental place gave us a great agreement and mom and I drove around the island with this great engine under us and the top down (though that is not as fun as it looks on a cool evening). Our main purpose was to take Garrett to school at BYU - Hawaii - a great school with a peaceful feeling on the campus. So here goes!!!


3 comments:
You look like you belong in that little red Mustang, Melecia - - -another "bucket list" item for you. I commented on a different post, so won't comment again - - -except to thank you again for a wonderful, delightful, memorable trip.
Love you.
Mom
Melecia you are a hotty in that little red sports car!!!! Whew Hew!
I'm so glad you and your mom got to go on such an amazing trip!!! I've loved reading your blogs and looking at all the pictures!
That looked like a fabulous trip. What a great opportunity for you and your mom. The college and temple and Hukilau Cafe brought back memories of our stay in Hawaii some years back when Susan's niece graduated from BYU-Hawaii. I still think the Polynesian Cultural Center best represents the culture of the south seas. Garrett has a super opportunity to get to know people from many cultures. Those were lovely pictures of flowers, your mom, and the sights you visited.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment