Blog Background

Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Polynesian Culture Center



On Saturday we arrived right as the PCC (Polynesian Culture Center) opened, and stayed until it closed, taking in every show, custom, and dance that we could watch and learned. We beat our bamboo sticks and sang a song in FIGI, watched a warrior climb a coconut tree in Samoa, and watched the "Haaka" dance in New Zealand. Mom was totally loving every minute of the experience, and so was I! The people are absolutely gorgeous BYU students from every island in the pacific, and mom and I felt a little naughty being so giddy with half-dressed men all day. My excuse is that I'm looking for my future son-in-law. Even the students from the mainland can get jobs at the PCC as restaurant workers, boat rowers, and even dancers if they are dark enough. Garrett is actually trying out this week as a New Zealand warrior. I think this is great and I hope he learns some dances! At the very least he can put on an aloha shirt and serve at the Luaus.





1 comment:

MamaNeeds2Create said...

Um. helloooo Melecia! I am just now looking over these pictures! Nice one, here! (the last one!) Looks like a fun time!!