Cecily turned five in November! She thought she could go straight to Kindergarten the next day, and it was hard for her to understand that she has to wait until September. She is going through a cosmotology phase, so we found a cute little salon chair with a doll head so she can do hair to her heart's content without cutting anymore of her own. Rhett was a huge part of the day, both with helping make her cake and with assembling the chair and then playing "Rhett, the Hairstylist" - complete with having a salon chat with Cecily about the new gossip.
We used Cinderella Barbie, changed her clothes, and wrapped her lower half in saran wrap.
Becca "The Cake Boss" joined in.
And this look of concentration from Mom is conveying "Let's get this thing done now". 
We left the cake and went to a matinee of "Tangled".

Cecily was very happy to get a pillow pet.

"So Cecily, who is your new boyfriend?"

Cecily is such a huge light in our lives - she glows! She also has a wicked temper, but I guess that goes with our family. She loves to sing all day and knows that words to so many songs! She also snacks all day to keep up the energy level that goes non-stop all day long. We're so glad that she's with us!

I'm sending in the blogs to make a book, so I'm going to finish up 2010 and send it off. Happy news today! Garrett has been working so hard applying to the service Academies, and today he found out that Virginia Senator Rob Wittman's office nominated him for a spot at the Merchant Marine Academy. It doesn't mean that he will get in, but it does make him able to apply and have the possibility of making it in. The campus is in Long Island, NY, and we've heard it's a great experience! He can be a midshipman and graduate with an engineering degree and join any of the services - having had a year or so experience at sea and visiting other countries. I'm not sure if this is what Garrett wants yet, but he sounded really excited on the phone, so we'll see!

6 comments:
I'm quite impressed with the family's inventiveness - - encasing a "real" Barbie in a Cinderella dress. Good work all!! She turned out beautifully! The beauty shoppe looks way fun; I love Cecily's expressions as she plays with it. She's really into it! Thanks for sharing the great pictures.
Love you.
Mom/Gram
Way to go Garrett. Can't believe Cecily is 5 already, I normally would have a sly comment about Rhett working the hairdresser role, but I would totally do the same thing now. Happy day for Cecily.
Paul
Love the cake...you super family!!!
Who knew you were a bunch of budding hair dressers?!!!!
Congrats to Garrett, that's a neat accomplishment!
I had a hunch that Rhett had a little "hairdresser" in him. Does he do weaves too?
When you have a princess in the family everybody gets involved in her majesty's court. She brings out Rhett's feminine side, Becca's "boss" side, Mom's "When will this ever be over side."
I like Garrett's possibility with his military schooling. Like his dad it will springboard other opportunities that he'll probably embrace.
Love, Dad
So excited for Garrett! What a cool kid. I love reading your blog - keep making entries! DJ is so excited to hang with Madison at school. He is getting everything together in the next few days, signing into his dorm today. Take care!!!!!!
Post a Comment