Blog Background

Sunday, January 02, 2011

More Christmas Fun

After Christmas brunch we crammed seven people and our suitcases into the van and drove five hours south to Rhett's sister's home. She and her husband are finally able to live in the same residence after she left the Navy, joined the Army, and was transferred to Ft. Bragg where Scott works. They have a beautiful home and are very happy together! We were afraid that we would be too overwhelming as a group, but the home was big enough for all of us, and we helped out and everyone was very "chill"! They live near Pinehurst, and there are over 50 golf courses within a 15 mile radius. Some of them are used in the PGA tours. It's a beautiful place and we could live there in a heart beat. We remembered the good times in North Carolina with Paul and Joni too!


This is Ike, who is a large Buddha like cat in the home. This picture doesn't even capture his girth. He lives with Panda, another cat, and will be traveling with Laura when she goes to Arizona for a six month training.


We woke up Sunday morning to beautiful white snow. We heard that this is very rare for the area, and church was cancelled. We could have stayed inside all day, but with all the kids dying to go out, we all bundled up and spent the day outside in the snow.





Scot has a set of twins - a boy and a girl, and we played with them. His friend Zach rennovated an older home nearby with a great sledding hill in the back yard that went down to a lake. Zach built a fire and we roasted hot dogs and smores. He also took Garrett deer hunting during the trip. He's an Army Ranger and a sharp shooter. He also has chickens!




























It really was the perfect day. Being with family is the happiest feeling in the world!








I was also able to finish a simple rag quilt this holiday that will go to a foster child named "Malachi" in another county. Our Relief Society group is working with the county for a service project. I loved the cowboy fabric!








5 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That looks like a perfect trip! So glad you were able to go and to have snow! What fun! That quilt is awesome. Great job! Did you paint your living room blue? It looks great!

Kendi said...

Love the quilt. Your inspiring.....I need to give of myslef more like that.
K, I already commented on your blue room on your other post but seriously I can't believe how much it looks like the same blue we went with. Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

We painted it after we saw your home. I'm a good copier so I think it's close but has a little more gray in it. It looks different at different times during the day. I love it! And I do love your style!
Melecia

Jenny Moore said...

Great job on the quilt Melecia!
That's an awesome project!!

Your trip looks like a lot of fun...the snow was pretty magical for Christmas...glad you had so much fun!!!

Maude said...

Melecia, you "journaled" your Christmas and fun trip very effectively. Thanks so much. What a neat, neat holiday for all of you.

I love your rag quilt, and think it especially nice that it's being given away. I think quilts are made to be given with love. Some little boy will love it! Do you like making rag quilts? They're not my favorite to make, for some reason.

Love you all.
Mom/Gram