Blog Background

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spinning












It's time to grab my water bottle, towel, cycling shoes, and Cecily, and head to my favorite kind of abuse - spinning class. I have become hooked on this sport for over a year now, and especially like my instructors, Julie & Kim. Julie is a marine spouse, does triathalons, and hails from Texas, and has four young chidren to boot. She always has a smile while her legs spin a mile and mintue, and now she is helping us set goals for fitness, and will become a personal trainer/fitness mentor for those who want it.
Today's class is Kim. I have her picture too. She is a little 50 something fireball that calls out the spinning changes like all our lives depend on getting up that hill, and she really rocks out. Her class is always full, so I have to get going! So here is the end of my work out above - about 20 something miles but got to get those watts higher. I think spinning has saved my sanity and my health on more than one occasion.


8 comments:

Maude said...

Spinning is awesome exercise! I remember when I went to class with you when I was back there. It's a real workout! I admire you for persisting. My walking and weight training is peanuts compared to an hour of spinning. Twenty miles over "hills" etc. You go, girl!

Love you lots.
Mom

Kendi said...

Ah man I've been debating on trying that class at my gym. You've inspired me to give it a try. It's kinda intimidating though to see all these bike pros waiting for the class to start in all their gear all they're missing is their helmets. I am a afraid I might need my helmet!!!

Way to go! You're awesome!

Jenny Moore said...

okay, my legs hurt just reading your post!
You go girl!!!!

Moore Family said...

Good job Melecia! I've taken spinning classes and they're awesome - totally makes you drip sweat. It's nice to find a workout routine that is something really enjoyable instead of just a chore, you know?

Glen

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

You are a super woman! I tried a spinning class one time and thought it was going to kill me!!

Rock on!

Susan

Joel said...

That's great, Melecia. I think spinning is really great excercise. All the cardio up and down.

Paul and Joni said...

way to go Meleesh, I feel good if I can stay on one of those for 30 minutes at my own level, thats awesome. Keep it up

Tyler and Jaimee said...

Spinning is sooo hard! I am impressed that you have stuck to it for so long. I tried it for a good couple months and dreaded it everytime i went!

I love your blog your kids are so fun and cute! I love Cecily posing at the pumpking patch. Hope you had a good Halloween!