Blog Background

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Last Travel Blog

For the two of you who are hanging in there and reading the blog - the travel portion is almost finished! Starting with Trent & Sandy's home in South Jordan, we spent a day with them hunting for geodes in the deserts outside of Tooelle ( hope I spelled that right Jen)! After getting lost and driving around in the desert for three hours on a dirt road, followed by a flat,tire followed by listening to some loud disagreements between the Jefferies' brothers, I was in deep breathing mode, but finally lost it and cried most of the way home to Trent's house. I know they felt bad and didn't mean for the trip to go like it did, and amazingly enough, the kids loved every minute of it. We have dozens of geodes now - I think we'll give them out as Christmas gifts. So we'll just "kumbaya" now and move on to Colorado, where we had a fun evening with Dad, Susan, Eric, and Hannah. Susan let me borrow her cool roadster bike, and Dad & I biked through Prospect and some other beautiful neighborhoods! I loved biking with dad. Dad and Susan's house is so pretty, and I gathered some decorating ideas again. We went to visit Eric at Dairy Queen, and left for Oklahoma the next morning!
We spent two days with Rhett Dad Chris and his wife Betty in their beautiful home off of a golf course. Rhett, Garrett, Livi and Chris golfed the next morning, and we went to visit the Chisholm Trail Education Center, where Chris was the first director to get the museum started. He is a very talented man, writing all the scripts for the movies and films at the center, and raising the millions needed to build such a tribute to the Chisholm Trail! After some authentic Mexican food at "La Fiesta", we hit a park for the kids to get all the juice out before our big drive the next day.
Next day - 22 hours in the car made it to Blacksburg, VA and a tropical storm. Rhett wanted to go the rest of the four hours home, but I begged to stop at a hotel, so we stopped, slept in our clothes, and made it the rest of the way home Saturday. So..... it's quieter at home, and I am holding Madison close to my heart, and life is going on. Rhett is looking for jobs, and lots of change is coming.
























































This is it for the travel blog folks (or the three people who read the blog). I'm making a blog book so am forging on!

6 comments:

Happy The Man said...

Man, that little Cecily in the blue bird fence cut out, what a cutie! That beaming smile, great picture! She is just adorable.

Looks like you had a great time (despite any crying there may have been). Not sure who the Jefferies brothers are, can't imagine any of the ones I know disagreeing with anything :) Lot's of time in a car can take a toll though...

Thanks for sharing the adventure. The key is Madison is settled in and a good family time was had together. We fly out with Tory next weekend. This separation thing is going to be harder than I anticipated (as I watched her grow up).

Jen said...

I love reading your blog Melecia!!
Your travel blog is not so bad...mine is way boring to anyone but us!!!
I would have cried too in the desert outside of Tooele, sounds hot and tiring...but kudos to the kids for sticking it out!!!
You are the world travelers, I'm glad you got Rhett to stop at a hotel, that is a long time in a car...but then I'm a baby!!
Let us know how Rhett's interview went, we hope for the best!
How did you do saying goodbye to Madison?

Maude said...

You're all awesome. You made fun and adventure everywhere you went, it seems, and the pictures help record tons of happy, happy memories. No one can do a cross-country trip quite like the Rhett/Melecia Jefferies family, that's for sure! Unpack those bags and relax a while - - -and thanks for sharing it with us.

Love you lots.

Mom/Gram

Moore Family said...

You kinda predicted the Salt Lake reunion, right? So funny how you totally knew how things would go down. I guess it's good to be predictable, right?

We love your kids and had a complete blast with you all!
I hope Madison is doing well. We haven't heard from her yet, so I guess that's a good thing!

Thanks for bloggin' about your trip. I hope to blog soon about Bear Lake trip soon.

Kendi

Garity said...

Why can't Bronwyn be around 16 right now? I needed to have a daughter earlier so I could have a chance at her dating Garrett (a mother and father's dream! No shot guns if he were to show up at our door!) Oh well, at least my boys are still in the running for your 2 younger girls!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

It has been a very busy time for us with weddings, moving Susan's mom, and multiple amounts of visitors. This summer has been very special for all of us. Tho' tiring we will always look back on the effort that was put into loving a very large family. Thanks for all you did, Melecia, to help make our reunion so successful. You covered all the bases with all of your family. I hope you now can rest and relax. Our prayers are with you as you job search.

Love, Dad