Later in the Day, we walked up to the Old Main building at Utah State and saw the campus - the first time for Rhett and I , and we were impressed! The Aggie members of the family gave us a tour, and we stopped to play frisbee on the Quad. We also had some wonderful ice cream.
I don't have many pictures of Bear Lake, mostly because I was swimming most of the time, or cooking, or dancing, or playing a pirate for Dad's Birthday skit. I thought the time we spent together was really wonderful. Rhett and I took Madison down to Logan on Saturday to check into the dorms. Most of her roommates were moving in Saturday morning, and we met most of the parents. Parents from India, Brazil, New Jersey, Australia, and Nebraska. We were all pretty surprised that only one small bathroom will service six girls, but at least they have a big common area with a vanity, and someone brought a microwave and fridge. Madison and I went to Wal-mart to get all the things she would need - laundry detergent, animal crackers, etc. Her room is very pink!
Oh yes, we rented Surrey bikes the last day! The kids and I biked while Rhett golfed, and we literally biked into the Oldroyd family - good friends from Colorado. These bikes are pretty fun!
3 comments:
Wow, you guys did a lot!
Home!!
Logan will always be a home for us...I love it there!
You are a brave mom for being able to leave Madison and not cry there...I will be bawling like a baby!
Look like you all had fun at the reunion!
Nice pictures of the wedding and reunion! Don't worry, I have lots of pictures of Bear Lake that I will be posting shortly!!
Your trip was so adventurous. It was such a lovely coincidence that Madison started USU when you were there for the wedding and reunion. I'm so glad you loved the campus. I hope Madison has a great freshman year. She's such a great girl and I know she'll do super!
Love,
Susan
Post a Comment