Blog Background

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Graduation 09
















Everyone knows about graduations - they are so important, but they can be the longest three years of your life! This is the first year that graduation was outside in the football stadium, which was packed to the gills. Highlights were the weather, which was breezy with a light cloud cover, and thehe principal, who kept his remarks to singing a Garth Brooks song "The River" - man that guy can sing! We stood and cheered for the ones we knew, and screamed like banchees when Madison walked up.





6 comments:

Maude said...

Very neat pictures, Melecia! Thanks for posting them; it's not as good as being there, but we can feel a tiny part of things this way. Madison, you are a gorgeous, smart graduate, and we're so, so proud of you! Congratulations on all the honors, again.

Love the picture of Becca in the graduation cap. What a cute little nut she is!

Love you all!

Always,

Mom/Gram

Moore Family said...

Congratulations Madison! Did you guys have family there? Wish we could have made the trip but we just got hit with a bunch of expenses. Everything is breaking down - the car, the lawn mower, our bed and more. Oh well, such is life. Anyway, congratulations and we look forward to see you later this summer.

Glen

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Madison is all grown up and graduated!! I'm already crying for next year when Eric will graduate and leave home! The pictures look really great. Garrett is sooo tall and so very handsome. Madison looks gorgeous as always and very happy to be done and on to the next adventure! Becca is a cute little thing! Wish we could have been there--sure can't wait to see you all soon!!

Love you,
Susan

Happy The Man said...

I know this post is about Madison, and she's an amazing beautiful, talented fun young lady, and I congratulate her on her graduation from high school. But this striking young man Garrett is one of my most favorite kids in the world. Striking is exactly the right word, both in appearance and in manner.

I had the opportunity to be his teacher back in the Senior primary days I think and I knew then that he was a very special kid. I got called away to the EQ and lamented not being able to stay on and teach that class because really most of the class was filled with the angelic type, the perfect class that any teacher could only dream of having. But I continue to observe Garrett now in priesthood, in the halls and at activities, when he doesn't know I'm watching and I can't help but think of the unique and unprecedented nobility in a young man of his age. It's inspiring.

At a recent activity in our home (Tory's b-day/grad party), we had the teens play a fun game called "Kissing Rugby" that involved competitive struggles of sorts between the opposite sexes. It's all perfectly innocent mind you, requiring merely a kiss on the cheek to achieve victory (and fun, not to mention hysterical). This is a game my wife and I played up at BYU when we were single. But as I watched the boys, some were very aggressive, determined to win at all costs. And yet Garrett was exactly as you would expect him to be, a total and complete gentleman.

In the excitement of the struggle, I tried with others to cheer some fire into Garrett, to incite some cut-throat competitiveness in him, but he wouldn't have it. It was more important to him to completely honor and respect these young women, not to man-handle them in the determination to win, almost to the point of asking permission if he could kiss their cheek so that he could win the match (the objective is to achieve this before yet another 2nd girl who is also in the mix can achieve the similar goal of kissing him on his cheek). It's really a hoot to watch, their very diverse personalities come out in so many ways, it's hilarious. But as expected, Garrett's demeanor was just plain admirable. And I honestly don't think he had any less fun than anyone else. I just can't help but sing his praises!

Sorry to steal thunder from Madison's accomplishments, but the picture posted here of the two of them was adorable and stirred up these thoughts that I had to share. What a phenomenal family!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Greg for that story! I agree so much about what you said about Garrett, and am really touched about that story about the games at your house. We all feel that Garrett has set the bar in our family and we all have to live up to him & the way he lives the gospel. He's always been as steady as a rock!

Jenny Moore said...

Congratulations Madison!!!
On to bigger and grand things...you'll go far in life, you're a wonderful gal!!!