Prom is so nervewracking - you can just see the date's hands shaking and you want to make him comfortable, so you all stand on the steps and watch as your daughter greets him and tries to pin a flower on his lapel! Madison went with good friend Jordan D. to Prom and they came home at 5 a.m. from Afterprom. I spent all week in hand to hand combat with the dress, hemming each little ruffle and taking each panel apart, then making sleeves after the jacket didn't look good. Our 39$ Ross special turned out to be a lot of work! Jordan and Madison met the other couples at a clubhouse nearby for more pictures, and then went to dinner at Bistro Bethel Downtown.
Inspired my Jim Carrey's "Yes Man" movie, when the understaffed volunteers asked if I could help at the Afterprom party at Funland, I said "Work the 11:00 - 2:00 a.m. shift? Yes, absolutely!" It turned out to be really fun. I had food detail, and got to see the kids come back for more and more foot long subs. The best part of the evening was when my friend Lynn and Madison's drama teacher came over and said "Did you hear? Madison is Prom queen!" They hugged me and showed me the pictures from their cameras of Madison dancing with the king, Heyden, with a huge beaming smile on her face. I didn't think it would matter much, but I teared up, and I had a flashback to that little girl at nine - eleven who said how ugly she felt and how fat, and that I told her she was beautiful, which she was! Prom queen is definately no bench mark of success, but seeing her so happy in that photo made me think "She knows she's lovely", and what a great time!







13 comments:
What an absolutely adorable prom queen! It looks like a fun group of kids. You must have been a happy mom to participate in the after-prom and work that late shift. We had stake conference yesterday and I missed pictures for Eric's prom; however, Susan played hooky and took some good shots. She'll share them in our next blog. It won't be long and graduation comes. Time flies a bit too fast, yes?
Love, Dad/Papa
Thats awesome, congrats Madison, I have such beautiful nieces! I loved your description of hand to hand combat with the dress, just saw "yes man " too. We want to come visit again soon.
Congratulations, Madison! What fun.... Melecia, you are so talented with a needle... I don't know if I will be up to the challenge when my girls are old enough for Prom.
I feel sorry for the poor boys though, some of them have never been on a date before. I once went out with a guy who had never been on a date before, got really nervous, and raced to our bathroom to throw up when I opened the door! The date just got better after that....
Congratulations, Madison! We are all so happy for you. You are an absolutely beautiful prom queen!! Your dress is amazing--good job Melecia!
love,
Susan
I love it when the RIGHT girl gets crowned. It really says something about how "following the crowd" means nothing, but rather standing up for what's right does. In other words, her acceptance among her peers has not been impacted by her standards. There's a message there for all youth, and not just LDS youth.
Madison looks so beautiful! Like a real princess! The dress is gorgeous! Great job Melicia!
Congratulations Madison! You're turned into a very beautiful woman, inside and out. The dress turned out great Melecia - very classy. Good to hear that you all had a great time.
Glen
Oh my gosh I have tears in my eyes! And you know I am not one to give a darn about prom queen but because it's Madison it kind of changes it all for me! She's what prom queens are supposed to be like!!!! (Then again, our prom queens from ages ago were never the genuine nice girls right?) She's gorgeous in her dress (man, you both have excellent taste in dresses! I'm amazed each year!) I can't wait to see you guys again!
WOW! Madison, you are truly a beautiful Prom Queen - - -but you've always been beautiful - - the title is just "frosting on the cake." I'm glad you had such a great time. You look so happy!
Melecia, you are definitely to be complimented on the dress - - -both the choice (for that price!?) and the work to fix it perfectly. When you called about the hems, I had no idea you had yards and yards of ruffles! Perfectly done, daughter dear!
Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures. Love them all - - -and love you all as well.
Always,
Mom/Gram
It sounds like Madison is having a great senior year. Time flies by way too fast when you look back on it. You did a wonderful job with the dress, Melecia. Love you guys.
I've always though Madison was beautiful. Her personality and standards make her all the more beautiful. I was reading out loud about her being prom queen while with my mom. I had to show her off and the first thing my mom said, "what a BEAUTIFUL and modest dress". I then had to go back and read to her about the dress. You did a great job. You are so talented Melecia!
Her dress is beautiful! Will you ask her to bring that with her to school and I'll pay her to come do a princess party for Bess one year?
Congrats on being the mother of a very well-rounded daughter! I love how Madison represents herself. She's not too cool to join any club nor is she to shy to join a hard sport of a bunch of competitive girls! How did you teach her to be so well rounded?
Great job on being prom queen Madison and for looking so beautiful!
Wow and Congrats to Madison!
You are definitely a beautiful girl!
Way to go Melecia...what a mom, fix the dress and work the party. Doesn't get much better than that!
Post a Comment