Blog Background

Monday, April 06, 2009

Art & Cherry Blossoms


The cherry blossoms are in bloom. Rhett, Deanna, and I went up to walk around the tidal pool to see them. This is the best time of year to see D.C.


Saturday before Becca's baptism we trooped over to the high school for the District art show. Becca and Livi had one of their creations on display!



Livi's is a fantasy picture with a story she wrote about Africa to go with the picture.

7 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Oh Madison had to say something to Becca huh? Wish we could have been there, we want to make it down again soon.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I like those pictures. I enjoy getting e-mail from Livy. She has a keen interest in lots of things. Those are very talented artists and good students. The blossoms in D.C. are spectacular! It's my favorite time of year there too. We're anxious to see you guys again. It gets to be much harder to do that now that we don't live in NY anymore.

Love ya all.

Dad

Maude said...

Beautiful art projects, girls! Livi, I'm not at all surprised that you wrote a story to go with yours. I hope I get to read it soon. Did you finish that pioneer time travel story? That's another one I'd like to read when you finish it.

Love you lots.

Gram

Moore Family said...

I've heard about those cherry blossoms. When I was there last Fall, a guy told me that all the trees around the reflection pool at the Jefferson Memorial are cherry trees. He also told me the difference between a monument and a memorial. The contruction of a momument begin before the honoree dies and construction of a memorial begins after the honoree dies. Believe it or not, the Washington Monument began construction BEFORE Washington died!

Your kids look so grown up!

Glen

Kendi said...

Becca always brings a smile to my face. She just has such a zest for life! Love that girl!

Olivia and her are so creative. I would love to hear more Olivia's stories!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Such nice pictures of the blossoms, the beautiful artwork and the baptism! Wish we could have been there! I bet it was a very exciting day for you all and especially for Becca. We are very proud of her!!

xo,
Susan/Nanni Sue

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,
It's funny and cool that all of you want to hear or read some of my stories. Gramster, I have finished the book, but I haven't fully edited it either. I have another idea, but when I showed it to Garrett, there were a lot of mistakes. I'm glad he was telling the truth instead of "Oh sweetie, it's...uh...great." and they are hardly paying attention. But, that doesn't matter because this morning I just thought of a new one, gonna take a while though.
Love ya
-Livi