Blog Background

Monday, April 13, 2009

Rhett and I get to take turns taking the kids to sports. This past week Livi and Becca both had 5:30 games in fields at the same park. I ran back and forth - watching for a few minutes until one child sat on the bench, then went back to the other child's game. I tried to yell loudly so at least they could look up and know that I was there. It was a good workout. I was on the way home thinking "I haven't done anything about dinner," and this picture stopped me in my tracks at home. Rhett was cooking stirfry in my "Domestic Diva" apron with a big smile. Well, I don't like to be overly gushy, but I am one lucky girl in so many ways. I don't even think I realize how good I have it sometimes.
And to have a guy that loves me and doesn't say anthing critical even when he could say a lot - even when my weight is fluctuating along with my hormones, or I spend too much money, or things are chaotic when he has had a hard day himself.


Conference time is also when we change out the survival food in our 72 hour emergency kits. I enjoyed watching Rhett lay out all the old food, most of which has expired and try each thing. The chocolate? Didn't age well. Didn't make a dent in the taste? Ritz bits with that processed cheese. Then he put everything in the pantry for the kids to "eat at your own risk, knowing that this is expired, but should be okay for you."
So I enjoyed watching him go through the food, and knowing that we will survive another six months until the next conference with the new food we put in the kits.

10 comments:

Joel said...

Rhett. You look fantastic in pink. Your life sounds pretty hectic, Melecia. But you have great kids. good to hear from you.

Maude said...

Wonderful Easter picture. What a good-looking family you are - - and you got everyone looking good at the same time! Yippee! :)

Rhett is a good guy. He makes me smile when he gets going in the kitchen - - -so intense! The "Domestic Diva" is a very nice touch, Rhett!

The hike at the park sounds fun. I'm sure Becca, our little scientist, had a super time there. Have a fun spring break. We'll look forward to hearing about additional adventures.

Love you all lots.

Mom/Gram

Moore Family said...

You married yourself a good guy Melecia.

Way to go with the food storage! We have enough water stored to cover the whole neighborhood for a week, but not much more than that. If something went down right now, we'd have to barter.

Glen

Kendi said...

Wow you guys are really on top of things when it comes to your food storage!
Great job Rhett, you've obviously got it figured out!

Paul and Joni said...

You guys are all pretty cool in my book

Jen said...

Rhett, your are awesome!!
I have to admit I have a great guy as well!!!
We all got lucky!!!

Garity said...

Rhett, you are one heck of a Domestic Diva! Miss you guys like crazy especially after reading posts like these.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

What a thoughtful guy! Way to go Rhett. It's fun to follow your busy family. Keeping food storage up is a lot of good and very satisfying.

Love you, Dad

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That is so great that Rhett surprised you like that! I love to hear things like that. That stir fry looks delicious! It's so nice to have him home with you guys again. I bet the long time apart made you appreciate each other so much more!

love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Yeah. For the emergency prepareness, Dad tasted some stuff to see if it still tasted good. Then came to the juice, he tried it, and liked it. But he needed someone else to like it. "Dad, I don't like expired food. It could get you sick." He said to just try it, so I did. It was terrible. The only thing good to eat was the life savers.
-Livi