We had a small family party after church for Becca's big "8" party. Aunt Laura drove down from Alexandria to come to the party! Becca's requests for birthday presents ran went from a tropical clown fish in an aquarium to a trash can - not just any trash can, but a steel plated one with a lid and a pedal to push the lid up and down. Becca is unique, and I found most of the gifts believe it or not at "Ross Dress for Less" while shopping with my friend, Sachiko. I also found a $39 prom dress for Madison that she actually loves! We have another snow day today - this time the school out is warranted, because we were socked in overnight! I went to "Earl's Hardware" and bought three disc sleds, waxed the bottoms with candle wax, and the kids are outside hitting a big hill by a friend's home.


Money from Aunt Laura was welcomed, as was the steel trash can. Maybe her room will look a little cleaner now. Here's a hint... happy birthday... I got you some laundry detergent!
She loved her scriptures. The pink case was the envy of all. Thank you Gramster!
Friday night was "Senior Karaoke Night". Madison was part of the spice girls, letting "Ginger Spice be her alter-ego for the night. Rhett and I went discreetly since Madison wasn't crazy about us watching her. You can see the act on youtube below, and they won first prize out of twelve acts! Because of the recession, they won free french fries and cookies from the cafeteria at lunch. Definately a belt-tightener from last year! Leather pants courtesy of Goodwill.
9 comments:
Happy birthday Becca! Hey Meleesh, have you by any chance seen a dingy old teddy bear or a red ball lying around your house? Joni can't find her teddy bear and Dilly's fav ball has gone missing, just checking if we accidentally left it or if we have ghosts in our house. When are you going to NYC?
Yes Paul, we have an extra teddy around here. Ralphie grabbed it a few times, so I will find it, wash it, and save it for Joni. I thought it was one of the kids many stuffed toys. I'll bet we have a red ball out in the yard too. Do you want me to mail them? NYC is on hold for now due to child going to college.
Found Teddy! He's going to the spa for clean up.
-Melecia
Great pics of a happy birthday girl and a wow big sister and sweetie pie baby sister! It was fun talking to Becca yesterday. She thinks things thoroughly and is growing up fast. We're excited to hear all about her baptism. I'm sure Dilly will be thrilled to get his teddy and ball back.
Love,
Papa and Nana Sue
It looks and sounds like Becca had an amazing birthday! I am so glad and I love the video of Madison!!! Hahaha! Congrats on first out of twelve acts! That is awesome and you def deserve it!
Wow - - what a FUN birthday, Becca! I really like your trash can - - -very cool! I'm glad you had such a great birthday, and am very proud of you for choosing to be baptized. What a fun, bright, unique young lady you are!
And Madison, the Spice Girl rendition is something else. The RED hair is a "nice" touch! :)
Love you all so much!
Mom/Gram
P. S. Sorry sorry about your dear old Teddy, Joni! How have you been managing to get to sleep at night? I hope he's soon back in your arms.
Love,
Mom
That video was awesome Madison! The boys were a little concerned about your hair and I told them it was just pretend...now they want colored hair, thanks alot!
Happy Birthday Becca from the Line Family in Mexico!
Happy Birthday Becca!!
Looks like lots of fun!!!
Madison you are gorgeous even in leather!!!
Post a Comment