Okay, I don't know what's in our gene pool to draw our family to go to Utah State, but Madison is definately in! I think it came down to the chapstick they sent her with the "Utah State" logo on it! Now that she's made the decision, she's starting to get excited. I'm doing a lot of research on the school - it looks like she'll have a great time.
This week has been "eat out of the crockpot week" as we all come and go from our activities. It was really great to have a few minutes to read scriptures last night. It's back to spring soccer/field hockey and I thought that while one child is waiting, we can read together and make good use of the time.
Tonight is Patrick's third lesson with the sister missionaries. They are incredible sisters, and always bring in the spirit. Patrick reports back to Camp Lejuene next week, but has said that he wants to be baptized. I think he needs more time to learn - hopefully there will be a group of active LDS in Afghanistan. Whether or not Patrick joins the church, it has been really good to have him come visit & hang out- we care about him very much. Madison was asked to Prom yesterday by her good friend Jordan. He borrowed the music from the chorus teacher, scanned in a copy, and wrote "Madison, will you go to Prom with me?" in the alto line. The chorus teacher had a special copy just for Madison and she was so "out of it" she began singing the line while the chorus was watching her and laughing. I love that idea! She brought the music home, and he did a great job! I think she'll really have a good time going wtih a friend.
Garrett is sick and Cecily sick again. I have watched more Disney movies holding Cecily than I'd like to admit. It's sad when you think that Disney's Tarzan is sexy - so wrong!

10 comments:
Congrats Madison on your decision. I bet it is such a relief for all of you to finally have a decision.
We're excited to have her closer. Glen loves to follow Aggie basketball so we'll have more reason to come up and get some games in next year!
I had no idea Patrick was taking the discussions? That's awesome!
Miss you guys!
That is a great choice! We are very excited for Madison. I think she'll have a great time there and maybe she'll even learn something!!
Sorry you have sick kids. That's no fun at all. My mom and I have had Vertigo for a while! I'm going on 4 weeks, and she's going on 3, but we are getting less dizzy every day!! Weird stuff!!
xo,
Susan
Congrats Madison! Great choice!
I love the prom invite...I never had anything so clever done.
Tarzan?! Ok, no comment!
Yes, Melecia, it's time to go on a break if Tarzan starts looking sexy! Hope everybody gets better soon. Congratulations to Madison. I'm watching a lot of our children and their spouses and future spouses turn out very ok from having attended Utah State. I don't think you will be sorry. Madison is a unique gal and will go a long way in her life.
Love you, Dad
That's cool that Madison is going to Utah State and I'll look forward to hopefully seeing her (and you guys) a bit more being in the Region.
We love being Aggies! Some of our best memories were made in Logan, Utah. Go, Madison!
Aggies, Aggies, Aggies all the way! It's good to have the decision made and start planning and dreaming, I'm sure. Congratulations to Madison. She'll be successful at either university, and it's good to go with the answer she felt was right. We'll hope to see you more, Madison!
I'm so, so sorry you've had illness again. Won't it be super with spring finally get's here and the ugly winter colds are gone?
I've tried to "walk in your mocassins" for a few days to get your children to their activities, Melecia, and it's not easy. I admire you greatly for all you do - - and still have a beaming smile on your face. You're incredible, with or without Tarzan!
Love you very much.
Mom
Aggies, Aggies, Aggies all the way! It's good to have the decision made and start planning and dreaming, I'm sure. Congratulations to Madison. She'll be successful at either university, and it's good to go with the answer she felt was right. We'll hope to see you more, Madison!
I'm so, so sorry you've had illness again. Won't it be super with spring finally get's here and the ugly winter colds are gone?
I've tried to "walk in your mocassins" for a few days to get your children to their activities, Melecia, and it's not easy. I admire you greatly for all you do - - and still have a beaming smile on your face. You're incredible, with or without Tarzan!
Love you very much.
Mom
Okay Melecia... I feel really dumb. Kendi has a link to "Bloggers from Pluto" and I just discovered your blog out of curiousity. I'm going to have to read for an hour to catch up.
Congratulations Madison! USU isn't for everyone so I remember when I took her there I was trying to be unbiased, but I LOVE THAT SCHOOL! It's hard for me to image college at any other school. There are at least 100 things to do in Logan, but if you every want a weekend away, you can come stay with us.
Glen
Yeah Madison!! Utah State is great!!!
Sorry to hear about sick kids...that is no fun at all!!
Post a Comment