Today I had a lot to do, but the beautiful blue sky and melting snow called Cecily and I outside,
and we played for an hour or two in the afternoon. She sled on the hill, then we made snow angels and ate snow and ice at the park. We tried to make a snowman, but it kind of made itself into a sculpture, and before you knew it, I was making Venus. I'm glad I got a picture, because some teenagers kicked it down a few minute later. Tonight a rep. from Utah State called Madison to talk about her college decision, and after talking to the girl, Madison is thinking seriously about going to Utah State. I don't think she can go wrong with either school, and I think she is excited about smaller classes, more face to face time with the professors, more diversity, and the music theatre program. This is a big decision! I need to get the kids to bed now, and Madison and Rhett are going to sit down and talk about colleges.
5 comments:
Looks like you and Cecily had some fun times together. She's a little young still for the birds and bees talk but I guess a little Anatomy 101 never hurts! You are quite a sculptress--I'm surprised the teenagers knocked it down, I would think they would have enjoyed looking at it!!!
Becca's birthday looked like fun! She is a sweet, darling little girl.
Madison looked so great as a Spice Girl and the video was awesome! Congrats on winning! What fantastic prizes!! Good luck on the college decision! Either choice is a great one. We've certainly had a lot of success and great times at Utah State. Todd will still be there next year, so he could help look after her.
Love you lots,
Susan/Nanni Sue
Loved the 'Venus' statue...very creative!!!
We've been watching how snowy and cold it is back in your neck of the woods but you've made it look fun!!
Good luck to Madison on her decision. I would vote Utah State but then I'm very biased!!!
Awesome "sculpture," Melecia. You are such a unique and creative person! Most of us would just do Frosty and leave it at that! You really got a LOT of snow - - for Virginia. Looks fun!
College decisions are indeed tough. I'm sure she'll make the right choice - - the one that fits her personality and goals the best. I'm excited that she's planning to spend some time in the West. Yippee!
Love you lots.
Gram/Mom
You know how we feel about Utah State, but I don't think she should go if she wishes she would have gone to BYU the whole time...no regrets...tough decision.
Great sculpture, I'm wondering when it turned into Venus...or did it start at the beginning?
That was quite a snow storm! I'm glad you and Cecily had so much fun in it. As you know I inherited the small statue of Venus from my parents and it sits right here in my office. You are quite the artist!
Madison has two good options for her college choice. I hope she'll listen carefully to the answers she'll get from her prayers. I'm sure she will make the right decision.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment