Blog Background

Sunday, June 05, 2011

Cecily's preschool graduation



Cecily was so excited about graduating from preschool! Her her mind it rates equal to or greater than high school graduation in importance! We've been so happy to have a preschool that is a few minutes away, with dedicated, caring teachers, and friends that we will keep from now on!
Above is cute little Caleb and Samantha. Samantha and Cecily both love Caleb, and he has rated them in intensity of his love feelings, Cecily is #2. So the love triangle is at times painful for Cecily's 5 year old feelings! The big excitement was getting a picture Bible that she carefully took home and has asked us to read to her every night! They sang some songs about Jesus and about STOP! THINK! I love the lyrics: Conflict resolution at it's best!

My mom won't let me go outside
My brother likes to hit me
My sister all she does is cry
My best friend just bit me
It makes me so angry
All I want to do is scream...

I better Stop! Think!
What's the problem?
Say how I feel... brainstorm the problem,
the answer will come to me
if I Stop! Think!











3 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Thanks Melecia for the terrific blog and update. I don't read facebook so this helps catch me up some. Those are great children who do many wonderful things and learn some important lessons about life. Livy is finding out that dances at school more and more present a contrast to the values she has been taught at home and church. We are so very proud of her love of people and willingness to keep the good standards. Becca looks like a Colonial Doll. We love her exuberance for life and wanting to do the right things. Garrett is one amazing young man! We too admire and love him so very much. To be thought of as a gentleman with the girls is a very high tribute, even more than recognition from Daughters of the Revolution and ROTC. We loved his graduation notice. He looks very happy and handsome as can be. Will you explain what you mean by "The BIG one?" Cecily looks darling as usual. It's painful to not always be chosen as #1, but she will always be #1 in our books. We are very proud of these children and the wonderful example they get from their parents.

Love you,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Thanks dad for reading my rambling blog so carefully! "The BIG one" is a graduation party for the six LDS seniors from our ward. We have rented the water park, sand volleyball courts, and picnic pavilion and between all the seniors and the ward members, it promises to be a big party! It will be fun!
Love,
Melecia

Paul and Joni said...

You really do have some great kids, I love how nice of a guy Garrett is. I have a feeling things won't be slowing down for you in the summer.