We have only touched the surface of all the hikes in Shenandoah National Park! Saturday was a gorgeous day - low humidity and 80 degrees. It felt almost like fall. Garrett had to work, but Rhett & I and the three youngest girls drove up to the Cedar Falls trailhead. The hike was almost 5 miles round trip, but we stopped often to rest and spent about an hour at our destination - a natural rock waterslide into a deep pool! For a while we had the place all to ourselves! Becca went first, and really surprised us all this trip with her willingness to tough out the hike and plunge into chilly water again and again. Cecily and I wimped out (I didn't bring an extra change of clothes), and the whole day was a memorable blast. The only negative was after fellow hiker plunged his poles into a hornet's nest, a mad nornet did a kamakazi on my nose and stung me. Rhett pulled out his trusty credit card and scraped off the stinger.
Cecily lasted the whole hike with energy to spare! Any weight we may have lost on the hike was quickly replentished with a trip to "Ryan's Country Buffet" on the way home. No more country buffets for us!

Becca the Brave!

Livi, the hike leader, goes in next

Embrace the pond!


Rhett's face says it all! The pool was over his head here!

This picture didn't really capture the dark green of the moss or the clearness of the pool! Heavenly Father really had a lot of fun creating this area! Thanks for the waterslide!
Thank you for all Your creations!
7 comments:
So beautiful! I love places like that so much. I'm glad that Rhett, Becca, and Livi were brave enough to slide down into that chilly water!! Sorry about the sting. Ouch!
Love you,
Susan
What a gorgeous area!
Thanks for sharing those great pictures! We'll have to come visit again and do that!!! :)
Sorry to hear you got stung, that's no fun.
Enjoy the last day before school starts!! :)
That was a beautiful place. I'm glad Becca made it. Did the card wipe on your nose work to stop the sting? You live in one of the most choice parts of the country. I'm glad you take the time to enjoy it with your family.
Love, Dad
Oh my gosh that looks fun! Next it'll be the Appalachian Trail. Did your nose swell up from the sting. Once on a hike I got stung by a horsefly and my neck swelled up like I had a goiter. Anyway, cool post!!
Hello, your nose?? That is crazy! You must be one brave/strong lady.
The slide looks like a blast. I could totally see Carter digging every minute of that.
Tell everyone hello!
Kendi
A lovely, lovely spot, Melecia - - -and fun, too! I'd love to do that! So sorry about your bee sting. Hope it's all better. Love you all lots. Happy start of school!
x0x0x
Gram/Mom
LOVE IT! too bad i did this hike first, copycats :p. jk its a little different. The waterslide looks really fun! oh and question: Why am i not claimed as your child on your blog homepage? Everyone else's name is there.
Post a Comment