Blog Background

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

The Twelve Days till School Starts

If you feel like it, sing along! (Tune of 12 Days of Christmas)

It's the week before school starts and my children have some needs:

One parking pass.... and a calculator graphing high math.
It's the week before school starts and children have some needs,
two hand sanitizers, one parking pass, and a calculator that graphs higher math.
It's the week before school starts and my children have some needs,
Three open houses, two hand sanitizers, one parking pass, and a calculator that graphs higher math.
It's the week before school starts and my children have some needs,
Four Athletic Shoes......
Five permission slips.....
Six: Time for Seminary....
Seven Hours of sleep....
Eight Pairs of gym Socks.....
Nine packs of paper.....
Ten rules of conduct.....
Eleven smiling teachers.....
Twelve sharpened pencils....

So you know what we are up to!

4 comments:

Jenny Moore said...

You go girl!!
Are you also singing "It's the Most Wonderful time of the Year?"...
Happy Schooling!! Yeah!!!

Maude said...

Ah, I do remember those days! Take heart! Things will be all settled in a week or so, and the words of the song will be sung with a nostalgic, happy lilt! :)
Have a wonderful year, all of you! We're proud of all of you!
Always,
Mom/Gram

Moore Family said...

Next year your house is going to be QUIET!! That will probably be really weird for you.
I hope the rest of your visit with Madison was fun.
I think you should make your mother/daughter annual trip out again, we would love to see you!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Is there ever a quiet time in our large families? That was very clever verse. I'd like to hear you sing it. The days go by so quickly. We're getting close to empty nest. I will have been parenting for 45 years when Hannah flies the coop (hopefully)! ?

Love you,
Dad