Being the youngest, Cecily has to tag along for a lot of events: concerts, doctor appts, costco runs, games. She's gotten to the point where when I don't pack a lunch and she's hungry, she'll say "I want to go to Donalds. I want a chicken wrap, apples, chocolate milk, and a toy. " I think she know the Donalds menu by heart.
We've run into a snag when she needs to go to the bathroom. There are either "bad" toilets or "good" toilets. Any toilet, no matter how clean with an automatic flusher is a "bad" toilet. She loses the element of control, and she usually ends up sitting on the toilet while the loud "woosh" empties below her, and that is unnerving. After a brief toilet survey, she will not go to any automatic toilets anymore. She would rather so in the grass. So far we haven't had to do that yet, but we have driven to several different stores until we find a "good" toilet - one that she can flush herself. Then she sits and stays for a while - singing lovely songs that she has composed in her mind. The other day she was in the doctor's office. I was standing outside the door, and everyone could hear her melodies in the waiting room. It brought a smile to almost everyone. A toilet is also bad if something is in the bowl, a bug is in the stall, or toilet paper is on the floor. I know that when Cecily has to go, it's going to take a while.
At home, she has her favorite foods "Mac-a-nac-a-cheese" and "Holy Moly" which translate to mac and cheese and ravioli. I think that she is becoming a little princess, and if we don't watch out, she isn't going to have to work a day in her life. When Rhett comes home, if she's had a hard day, he'll say in an exaggerated sypathetic voice "Come here to Daddy! Daddy loves you and will take care of everything". He's totally smitten, and so is she!
Having older children and having perspective about the end from the beginning helps a lot. It lets me relax a lot and just enjoy her. I love her creativity, her sparkle, even her flightiness! We just have to put a little discipline into her life - good luck with that!
I've got a few great blogs to compose for the future, but I need to wait a few months until things blow over. I'll just keep you in suspense!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've decided that in my next life I want to come back as the youngest child!!!
Cecily is a cutie with a cute little personality!
Cecily is a cutie, that's for sure! I love the "Holy Moly" for mac n' cheese + ravioli. Isn't it great how a child's mind works?!
You (Melecia), Jen, and I are all oldest children, so it would be great fun for us to come back as the youngest, wouldn't it? I imagine it's a totally different experience.
Love you all very much.
Mom/Gram
We have had a house full of youngest children: Todd, Paul, Hannah and me. We are all spoiled, and have very definite ideas how things should be.
Your descriptions of Cecily is a riot! I have the multi-face pictures of her posing for Kendi in my office. She is a character. She will continue to be fun to watch over the coming days and years.
Love your blog. Love you.
Dad
Post a Comment