I'm in love with Sundays and don't care who knows it! I can't however wear a dress more more than three hours at a time without going completely nuts. I'm in my jeans now - happy once more. Panty hose? The equivalent of human bondage. Our kids are so hungry when they get home from church, today they opened two cans of mini ravioli, saving me the time to cook dinner. Cecily spread her ravioli to Garrett's white shirt and all the other kids before we caught her. She's running around in her underwear.
Last week I started out to church with my dress on the correct way, and came home with it on backwards. Want to know details? Guess. Rhett had a hoot with that one. I can't wait to call Madison today and ask her how her first day as her new freshman ward Relief Society President went. We all got a pretty good laugh at that one, because the first Sunday everyone was there, the High Counsilors running the meeting (no bishop called yet) asked everyone to go around and share what their past experience in the church was. Madison said they got everything from "I was beehive class president." to "I was in my honor society at school.". Madison being herself said "I don't recall any of my past callings or experience" thinking this would get her out of a calling or heavy responsiblity. I guess the Lord has a good sense of humor and wants Madison to learn a lot, plus I think she'll do a really good job. I enjoy listening to her stories and the fun she's going to have. She had a meeting with her counselors and said one of them would be the "perfect" R.S. president: blonde, beautiful, bubbly, with an outward love of the Gospel. But I just said "Nope baby, it's you"!
I think that's why I love to nap and have a long walk with Ralphie on Sunday. I can already feel the intensity building in the living room as the kids are shooting each other with metal music stands and pretend swords. Next week is Stake Conference, and Elder Neil Anderson is visiting. Garrett and Livi are in the choir for a Youth Fireside. Lots of Fun! Our Stake is so big, we are meeting in a huge high school auditorium. It should be great to have an apostle here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You make me laugh, Melecia, at your descritions of "Church" motherhood and kids' "quiet" Sunday activities. I don't want to even know how your dress got turned around while you were at Church!
I totally agree with you on pantyhose. Paul will say "TMI," but my pantyhose are the first thing I shed when I get home - -before the dress, earrings, or anything. Jim tries to convince me that ties are the equivalent of panthose, but it's not even close!
Madison was in my prayers today, for sure. One of the first things she'll learn is that there is not a single description for a "good Relief Society President," or any other calling. That's one of the reasons I belief in inspiration on these things. The Lord sees things we humans don't.
Love you tons. Happy Sunday! :)
Mom/Gram
oops - - -descriptions has a p!
funny stuff Meleesh, makes me not want kids anymore...haha
Yeah....I hate wearing pantyhose longer than a few hours...my leg hair ends up.....*cough* I mean wearing ties stinks!! like a noose waiting to be tied at the gallows!
I laughed at your description of the kids. We need to get Cecily and Eli together so they can plan the plunge the world into a more approprate chaotic state.
Madison, "I don't recall any of my past callings or experience." doesn't quite cut it. Next time try somthing like "I'm having a kegger to celebrate my independance...if you want to come...wear a toga."....I dunno.
Nice blog. I'll shut up now.
Funny, Steve! By the way, did you or Melecia see Federer's awesome "between the legs" perfect shot yesterday? Amazing!
We have another terrific writer in our family! I love the description of the kids keeping the Sabbath day holy...funny! Madison is up to her neck already. What a way to get involved. I'm sure she'll be greatly blessed. Susan has been RS Pres. for almost 3 years now, and what a blessing it has been for our family! Keep those wonderful blogs coming. Love it, love you. Dad
I have never worn Panty Hose and am grateful I am a man!
Ok, I can't figure out why you would come home with your dress on backwards. Details please!
I hate hose with a passion. I wear long skirts just so I can get away with knee hose.
As for Sundays, I love when we have church in the mornings so we can relax the rest of the day. Right now we have church at 1pm and with a 2 year old and newborn who HAVE to take afternoon naps it's pretty much the worst day for me and I DREAD it every week. Sad, I know. 3 more months and we switch back to mornings...yay!
Post a Comment