Today Madison is heading up to the DC temple with Patrick to go through the Visitors Center and to see the "Joseph" movie. Poor guy has had a spiritually exhausting weekend! It was funny because he asked Madison to sing the only song he knew at the baptism, "Jesus Loves Me This I Know", and she said , "Um.... no, I'd rather sing 'I'm a little teapot'" He can't catch a break! She did sing his second favorite, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives'.
In the afternoon, after my second trip to DC for the day, I was dragging, and we went to our neighbor's home for a pool party and cookout. Our former neighbors have moved "up" to a gorgeous home on about five acers of lawn, forest, and gardens. Wow, we are lucky to know these people! Not only were they great company, but the pool and gardens were gorgeous, and John had built a big tree house around this big old tree. We blew up the fireworks are are legal in Virginia, which are very piddly, and watched the police chase down people who had traveled over the border to Pennsylvania for some illegal fireworks.
Aunt Laura came down and we played "Ultimate frisbee" and some went to "Transformers".
Aunt Laura came down and we played "Ultimate frisbee" and some went to "Transformers".
My good friend Sachiko passed away on June 26th after a year of battling stage 4 lung cancer. Most of the week was spent thinking about her.
6 comments:
Melecia and Rhett:
I enjoyed talking to you today. I'm glad Patrick went through with his baptism and did so for the right reasons. The blessing you gave him Rhett in the confirmation must have been very comforting to him and assuring him with all the danger ahead in his military assignment. All four of us were saddened by the death of Sachiko. She was such a dear friend of yours. We are proud of Madison's singing at Patrick's baptism and that they both have positive plans for the future. I'm especially glad, Melecia, that you are able to relax a little more and don't have to play the heavy parental hand.
Love,
Dad
Wow, what a busy weekend. You must be exhausted. Nice to hear about Patrick and wish him the best. Sounds like a great experience for all of you.
Glen
Melecia-Sounds like you've had an exhausting but good weekend.
That's neat to hear about Patrick's baptism...good missionary effort!
So sorry to hear about yur friend...that is always so hard.
Bless you and the family for the wonderful blessings you spread. What you've given Patrick is a wonderful gift, and one that's more lasting that anything else you could give him.
I'm so sorry to hear about Sachiko. She's been a brave and wonderful friend, and I know she's appreciating all you did to help and support her and her family.
Your Fourth sounds great. Hope you're all taking a collective deep breath today, and enjoying each other and summer.
Love you very much.
Mom
What great news about Patrick! (Ummmm, is it ok for me to say 'Wow' with what the Marines have done to him? HELLO! He looks different!)
I'll hopefully be seeing you guys soon!
Oh that is so wonderful!!! I love baptisms and feeling the spirit. I wish I would have been there to hear Madison sing but I am glad that she is coming out to UT soon! Can't wait to see that girl! You guys are such an amazing family, i miss you!
Post a Comment