Blog Background

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Livi's Luau





Twelve years old is such a great age! 12 giggly, happy girls came over Friday night for a Luau. My pictures didn't get the water balloon volleyball, the hula hoop contest, or the obstacle course. Livi planned everything from the food to the games. She had a clipboard with everything written on it and led the girls from one game to the next. As you can see, she has braces on the top teeth now- with blue and silver bands.


This phone call was from Gramster taken just before the party. Thanks for all the phone calls and cards. Livi felt very loved!


We made strawberry smoothies and found plastic coconuts to drink from. The girls enjoyed eating Hawaiian haystacks too.


We tye-dyed t-shirts. The girls really loved this.
















Today Livi is making her specialty for dinner - french omelettes. Ask her to make you one sometime - they are delicious!














10 comments:

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Livi is quite the organized and very talented. My bet is she could be Director of the local recreation center. I like the original art and the fun shots with her friends and sister. Happy birthday Livi darling.

Love, Papa

Jenny Moore said...

Happy Birthday Livi!!
Looks like quite the party. Great planning!!!

Moore Family said...

Once again, Happy Birthday Livi! It was nice to talk to you on the phone. Sounds like you have some nice friends and your birthday was a blast.

Glen

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

That Livi is awesome! I wish she could be on our enrichment committee!! She is quite the planner and has such great ideas. I would love to try one of her french omelets! What makes them french?

Happy Birthday, Livi! So glad it was fun. You look cute in your braces!!

Love,
Nanni Sue

Paul and Joni said...

I want a French omelet for sure, I'm hungry now. Happy Birthday Livi, maybe you have a career in the making as a party/wedding planner?

Maude said...

What a fun party, Livi! Sounds like your plans went off without a hitch, and everything sounds so fun! Water balloon volley ball, hmmmm? Way fun! Love the tie-dye, too. I'll have to get your instructions, because yours turned out really well.

I'll pass on the omelette, but I know you are becoming quite a good cook, in addition to your fine hostessing skills. Maybe there's a career here, do you think?

Kendi said...

Liv, thanks for the picture of the beautiful brace face smile! Love it!!! and get on those siblings of your to wear their retainers.....they'll thank you one day!
Happy birthday and it was good to chat with you, your so easy to talk to and fun. We're very very excited to see you soon. Carter loves to look at the pictures from Joni and Paul's wedding where you took very good care of him. Do you think you could take care of him this time too?

Joel said...

Happy birthday, Livi. You are so creative. . . and organized! Your party looked like a ton of fun, and I want to make a tie-dyed t-shirt too.

Jen Jarrett said...

Awe! I can't believe Livi is 12!!! That is so crazy! It sounds like it was a great day and loads of fun! I am glad. I can't wait for Madison to get out here!

Happy The Man said...

Well, this is a little late (a lot late), but happy birthday Livi. I was poking around here in the blog and recognized a couple of Baker girls holding tie dye shirts :) Looks like everyone had a great time!

I used to be the Omelet maker in my house too :)