I was very happy to spend the morning with Cecily and Sesame Street Characters - We went on the mini rollercoaster over and over because there were no lines. In the afternoon, I went on the tallest roller coaster "The Griffin" with the kids. My face in the pictures looks terrified. Cecily wanted to go on each ride by herself.
Today is Garrett's 16th birthday and tomorrow is Rhett's 35th (plus 10). This morning
we went with 500 other happy Mormons and people of other faiths at the 1st annual Stake Fun Run. It was official - traffic blocked off through the streets of Old Towne - Police & everything! Becca was grumpy about waking up at 6:00 to get there, and then when she saw her friends running and the excitement of the crowd, she took off - with her old slip ons. My race was faster than I thought because I was chasing Becca who was chasing her friend Cassidy. Rhett had the men organized as Race Marshalls, and it was awesome. The
race was built around the speaker, the author of "Running With Angels", who talked to all the women in our exercize clothes after the race. She lost two children, and gained over 150 pounds from her depression, then slowly became motivated to change her life - finally losing the weight and running marathons. Her talk was more about running life's race, especially when things happen to change our plans. I loved her analogy to getting on a plane that goes to Italy. You have been planning on going to Italy for years, and when the plane lands, you are in Holland, but you learn to appreciate the tulips, the Rembrants, and the beauties of that country. Madison was asked to fill in for the musical number that was not able to be there, and she did a great job!
Tonight Garrett is having a movie night with some friends, and after a long discussion, they have settled on a movie. He and I are going on his first date next week, and I plan on getting him his first suit.
10 comments:
Happy Birthday to Garrett and Rhett!
Looks like a fabulous time at the amusement park...glad it lifted everyone's spirits.
Your fun run sounds like a great time too...love to outside in the spring!
WoW! What a fun, busy weekend. Looks like much fun. I love the kids' happy faces! Three celebrations in two days PLUS all the other stuff. You're amazing!
Happy Birthday, Garrett and Rhett, and Happy Mother's Day to one of the best in the world!
Love you tons.
Mom/Gram
I love those colorful pictures of people I love with happy faces! You really should be awarded mother of the year. Your children's happiness is directly related to years of attentiveness, prayer, sacrifice, and immeasurable love.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Dad
You guys always have great family times together, Happy birthday to all and a happy mothers day to mother of 5!
Cute pictures. Happy Birthday, guys!
Happy birthday to Garrett and Rhett and happy Mother's day to Melicia! I love reading this blog because everything is always so upbeat :) Pictures of roller coasters and smiling happy kids helps make it fun too :)
Kris and the boys loved running into you guys too! It was the first thing Kris mentioned when he got back. Riding the Griffin, thanks to you guys, was the 2nd thing he mentioned :) I'm sorry I missed seeing you but we are planning a trip up to F'burg after baby is born. My parents live less than 2 miles from BG so we are officially addicts every summer.
Happy Birthday Rhett and Garrett!
Sounds like you guys have been busy having fun!
Congrats on doing the run!
Fun day! Happy 16th Birthday, Garrett. Have a fun first date!! Happy 35th, Rhett! We love you all!
xo,
Susan
i love rollercoasters!! looks like a blast!
Post a Comment