Blog Background

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Real Life, Real Love!











Our lives since Wednesday have been taken over by the flu bug. Cecily was first - with all five symptoms of the flu going at the same time! Madison started hollering and I ran to see what was wrong, and it was only a big attack which didn't stay in Cecily's diaper, and Madison was not going to get near it! So we definately need a carpet cleaning mahine - yesterday! The pictures taken here are from the last few days, when Cecily is almost recovered. She is snuggled in with her "blue blankie" which is actually white, and then found Livi's cowgirl outfit. Livi and I took an Ikea trip and Rhett took down the crib. We are giving it away to some friends. Hopefully we are not having any more children anytime soon! We set up Cecily's little bed. She picked out a pick, cartoonish bed that looked like it belonged in a Dr. Suess, but this white one goes better with the room. She stayed in bed all night, and looked very smug and content. The short hair is a fixit-job after Cecily cut her hair into the best mullet you have ever seen - now it's just easy and short! Rhett and I came down with the flu this morning, as did Garrett and Becca. The survivors are Madison and Livi, who are thinking we all look and smell a little rough! The family that gets sick together, stays together, right?

6 comments:

Garity said...

knock on wood but I have yet to have a child cut their own hair...it's just a matter of time though right? I think Cecily looks pretty cute with short hair!

As for all the sickness, ugh! I guess it was one of those "we are down to towels for blankets" weeks

Happy The Man said...

Hey, sorry to hear you guys have been sick, we've had a bit of it going around here to. I put up a post for the Superbowl. Also, more pictures at bakerfam.org. You have to navigate to photo albums and 2009, February, etc.

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

Sorry about all the sickness. This has been one of the worst winters ever with multiple strands of the flu and a very serious virus. Cecily looks totally adorable in the black hat and boots. She could be a poster girl. Love you muchly.

Dad/Papa

Anonymous said...

Uggg, sorry to hear about sick kiddos, it's the pits!!!
Got to love real life!!!

Moore Family said...

Cecily looks so fun! She seems to have a zest for life.

I have yet to have the haircut experience with either of my kids. Glen however seems to enjoy using the scissors and has screwed up a few haircuts or two! Oh well it makes life fun around here!

Congrats to Madison! She now has a big decision to make. We're excited for her!

Maude said...

Darling haircut! She must have known how cute she'd look in a pixie when she cut her hair! Perfect for her! The bed is adorable also.

I hope you're all well now. The flu is not fun - - especially with little ones.

Love you lots.

Mom