Blog Background

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day




We got the guitar out on Sunday afternoon and had a little sing along. One thing we all love about Paul is all the funny voices and imitations he can do, like the voice of "Batman".



After her long journey from Texas, Dilly seemed ready to relax.









Cecily enjoyed every cuddling opportunity with Aunt Joni and Dilly!












It has been a really relaxing weekend. Due to the Inaguration, we're all home, including all the government workers in the D.C. area, so Rhett is home! Though we are very enthusiastic about the inaguration and inspired by our new president's speech, we're not brave enough to go north on 1-95 today, though we were in D.C. a few weeks ago with Paul and Joni. Paul & Joni's visit was a ray of sunshine in a gray January! Dilly is also an extremely well behaved little Lady - who knew? Ralphie is crazy compared to her. He tried to wrestle her, but she showed her teeth and let Ralphie know she had her personal space!

It was really fun to go with everyone to visit as much as we could on the Mall until an icy cold rain caused us to head for the car. The highlight for me was getting to visit the National Archives for the first time and seeing the original documents of our nation. As I was getting the van around traffic to pick everyone up, I accidently pulled into one of the White House entrances and a large protest of Palestine/Israel, and was pulled over by police. He said "Do you see all those secret service and police over there with guns ma'am? They are getting a little nervous because you're parked in the White House entrance. I couldn't see anything through the rain, so I apologized, and pulled out just as Paul, Joni, Madison, and Livi ran up and opened the door. It was also fun to watch Paul & Joni see things for the first time with their enthusiastic love of learning.
We have some great leaders in this country, don't we?








6 comments:

Paul and Joni said...

Thanks again, we had a lot of fun and we are for sure coming again soon...I felt bad for Ralphie as Dilly kind of made herself queen of the house. I'm glad you mentioned your run in with the law, that was pretty funny. The White House guard was just looking at us and shaking his head while smiling and holding his gun at the same time. You are definately the Soccer Mamabomber

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

I was thinking of you today and wondering if you guys went in to D.C. for the festivities!! I don't blame you for staying home and watching it on TV! It was quite a day!

Your pictures are so cute. It looks like Paul, Joni, and Dilly were very loved by all! You are a very sweet, loving family and we all love to visit you!!

Hope you all enjoyed your day off!

xo,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I love the new work that you put into your blog.
It sounds and looks like you had a blast with your visitors. I know my kids adore both Joni and Paul.
I sure wish we all lived closer, it would make life more fun.

That sounds great to have the whole family home, that is one long weekend!

Moore fun in Colorado! said...

The kids look warm and cozy in their Christmas hats. Just think. That mall was filled with over a million people yesterday. It looks like Dilly has turned out to be a great little lap dog, and Paul and Joni did their usual make everybody happy with their fun sweet ways.

Keep bloggin'. We love to hear from you.

Love, Dad/Papa

Maude said...

I'm so glad you and Paul got to spend some time together. I'm sure it was great fun for both families. The Ralphie/Dilly encounter sounds priceless. I wish I'd been there to see Dilly give Ralphie a little lesson in manners. How fun! Love all the photos - - -and the "New Blog" look.

Thanks for sharing your "criminal activity" with us all. I have this picture in my mind of Melecia zipping through traffic and pulling into the only open parking space - - -which happened to be open because it was in front of the White House. Next time I go to D. C., I surely want you for the chaffeur! :)

Love you all very much.

Gram/Mom

Jenny Moore said...

Sounds like you all had such a great time together!!
I love our nations capitol, there is so much to see and do...way to brave the rain!! I love the story of you pulling into a spot at the white house...too funny!